• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Differing versions of ACR on PS 22.4.1

Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 2010 MacPro (5,1) and a 2012 MacBook Pro (9,1) both running MacOS Mojave 10.14.16.  Both have Bridge 11.0.2.123 and PS 22.4.1 installed.  However, on the MacPro the Adobe Camera Raw version is 13.2.0.738 while on the MacBook Pro the ACR version is 12.4.0.55.  Could this be correct?  If so, why? Is it based on machine specs?  MacPro has far more RAM, CPUs and GPU capacity than the MacBook Pro.  Looking to determine if I have an incorrect install on the laptop or not.  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

According to the Minimum Requirements doc that was linked the difference is the GPU capacity.  MacBook Pro GPU is 1.5GB rather than the 2 GB required, while the MacPro has an 8GB card.  This answers it.  I do all critical work on the MacPro so this isn't the end of the world.  Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can manually update - Im guessing one machine has auto update turned on and the other does not?

There have been several noted issues with the 13.x plugin so many users have either downgraded or stayed on 12.4.x for now.

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both manual updates - in that when I saw a notification in Creative Cloud I downloadedl what was suggested.  I will look at the page you've linked.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

According to the Minimum Requirements doc that was linked the difference is the GPU capacity.  MacBook Pro GPU is 1.5GB rather than the 2 GB required, while the MacPro has an 8GB card.  This answers it.  I do all critical work on the MacPro so this isn't the end of the world.  Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines