• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Direct Selection Tool no longer edits shape in Photoshop 2021?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Wondering if anyone else has this issue but since updating to Photoshop 2021 whenever I create a shape such as a rectangle using the rectangle tool and then use the direct selection tool to select a few corners (using shift), whenever I then use the cursor keys, rather than change the shape of the rectangle it just moves the entire shape on the canvas. 

Does anyone else have this issue or have I got a setting messed up somewhere?

Many thanks,

Rob.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

body{font-family:Helvetica,Arial;font-size:13px}
Can I suggest you contact Adobe support through the chat function on the help page? If enough people make a noise, maybe they will listen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The corners of a vector rectangle now have 2 points each. Is that the "rounded corners" issue? Or is Adobe overcomplicating things again?!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both issues now fixed in 22.0.1. Whew!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, they fixed that. But still I can't draw a line with a Line Tool. And yes, every new update since 2019 is a disappointment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all

Am I the only one who experiences this bug again in Photoshop 22.1.0?
Additionally I can't draw a line with a Line Tool, as LouisDesign mentioned (I didn't notice that before).

Adobe, did you do it again? Really?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I upgraded to 22.1.0, the red brush tip preview no longer worked which was a deal breaker for me. I immediatnely reverted back to the 2020 version and am happy with the choice. No more isses with the Line Tool, editing point shapes, or brush tip missing. Adobe has pushed really hard for the past couple of years especially to create a program that works for both desktops & tablet users, and I feel this has continually made the desktop experience worse with each update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is also the same reason I don't buy video games right off the bat.  There's always, inevitably, bugs of some kind.

Best to not update for at least a few months after launch until ALL the bugs are worked out.

Sadly, this is VERY frustrating to find out when you have deadlines and all of a sudden a much used feature stops working the way it's supposed to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is really really frustrating when you get down to it.

Direct Select tool is a basic, staple tool, I use day in and day out in my workflow, and now... (crickets)

Very disappointed Adobe.   Very disappointed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

22.1.0 It's fixed! Thanks Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having same in 22.3.0 release on Mac (((
Why on earth, the paid Ph contains sooo much bugs in every version. Im close to using stable hacked versions I had to use in my poor youth...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's just unbelievable!

You did it again, Adobe. In Photoshop 22.4.2 the issue is back!

You ask the community to be kind and respectful while you spit right in our faces...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines