Disable automatic text box?

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Previously when using photoshop I could click anywhere using the text tool and it would freely type from wherever I had clicked.  Now it just automatically draws a giant bounding box for the text.  How do I disable this?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Disable automatic text box?

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Previously when using photoshop I could click anywhere using the text tool and it would freely type from wherever I had clicked.  Now it just automatically draws a giant bounding box for the text.  How do I disable this?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 14, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you click with the Type tool, Photoshop enters placeholder text and highlights that text. If you drag with the Type tool you get a specific area to type within.

If you want to click and not see the highlighted placeholder text, in Preferences, turn off "Fill New Type Layers With Placeholder Text".

image.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 14, 2020 0