• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disable brush pop up menu with wacom tablet

Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2009 Jun 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to know how to turn off the brush pop up menu when you hold the wacom pen on the canvas for a couple seconds. this makes drawing a circle impossible as it creates a small straight line first because the program is thinking if i want this menu to pop up or not. I have tried disabling it in my wacom preferences with no success, I have done this in painter so im pretty sure its possible, its driving me crazy. thanks -----------------------------------

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 08, 2009 Jun 08, 2009

its in the vista device manager, pen options, turn off press and hold right click

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked for all of 1 minute. change a brush and it acts up again. This is ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't get the brushes anymore but now it pans my page and won't even lay down paint. It just pushes my page around. And if I tap the pen I can get a spot of ink but I can not make a stroke it just pushes my page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got off with Tech support and this is what finally fixed my bamboo wacom tablet pen. It is working perfectly now.

the first step

Abhigyan: 1. Open notepad type the following lines in the file:-

Abhigyan: # Use WinTab

Abhigyan: UseSystemStylus 0

Abhigyan: 2. Save the file by naming it as  "PSUserConfig.txt"

Put it in this folder: C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\<Photoshop Version>\<Photoshop version> Settings\

This is the link to forum

Abhigyan: This is the link for forum's page

Abhigyan: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2134092

Good luck. I hope this helps others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 15, 2017 Apr 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me:

Win10 + PSCC + Bamboo Fun Pen&Touch

- Control panel

- Pen and touch

- Press and hold settings

- uncheck "Enable press and hold..."

works for me. Pop up menu is gone and pressure levels are still there...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2024 Feb 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are a SAVIOUR this is the only thing that worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Search (windows button) "Flicks" - and open Turn Flicks on or off

Uncheck Use flicks to perform common actions quickly and easily

Switch to Pen Options tab

Double click Press and hold in the list

Uncheck Enable press and hold for right-clicking

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS finally did it for me! Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to try your solutions but my Windows 10 is in French. I can't find those menus. Anyone knows how to access in Windows 10 French version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 08, 2018 Sep 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad I found this thread. That stupid pop-up was so annoying! Why would anyone ever want to right-click that way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you set up for "RIGHT-hand user",pen-switch should be located on the RIGHT side.

My Cintiq was out of order when I made a misstake.

Mondo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok everybody, here is the full answer, most of the stuff on this forum is wrong or is outdated, this works for me on windows 10 as of 10/28/19. First, go to the search bar on windows (press the windows key, then click on the search icon) then type in "calibrate the screen for pen or touch input" click on that. Then click on "other", then "go to pen and touch", then click on "settings" and uncheck "Enable press and hold for right-clicking", then "OK", then "apply". Thats it! Your pen will still work with pressure and tilt sensitivity. I hope this helped you, I cant believe this is automatically checked considering 99% of pens and tablets come with programmable buttons...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you SOOO much. None of the other answers helped as I never got to the Enable Press and Hold option using those answers. This worked. Not sure if the sensitivity still works but I don't use it much anyway. at least that damn menu isn't plastered all over where I'm working now Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you bro, big help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2023 Nov 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[NOV. 2023 UPDATED INSTRUCTIONS]

This is a very old thread and Windows has changed quite a bit since the Vista times, needless to say. Even with people commenting throughout the years to keep it somewhat up-to-date, all options seemed obsolete to me, a lost soul using Windows 10 in 2023. That is until I found this video. BLESS THIS GUY. If the video helps, make sure you drop a comment to help him with the algorithm and other fellow users that struggle with this. Below you will find the written instructions and some screenshots.

1. Open start and search for Control Panel;
  2. In the upper right corner, select the Large icons view filter;
  3. You will now find this phantom-option that is Pen and Touch;
  4. A pop-up window named Pen Options will open, with a list of available actions;
  5. Select Press and hold, then open the Settings and untick Enable press and hold for right-clicking;
  6. Hit Ok, then Apply and enjoy a smooth, seamless, rage-free drawing experience!
  7. Note: Leave Use Windows Ink ON in the Wacom Pen Mapping settings.

P.S.: Thanks for nothing, Windows.

Instructions.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines