Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

disable connecting dots shift brush

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

I have a basic PS qustion here. Is there any way that I can disable connecting brush stroke after drawing a straight line, while holding the Shift key. Currently, when I draw a straight line with shift and attempt to do a nother straight line, it connects with the previous straight line. 

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Just let go of the shift key before you draw another line and then after the first click hold the shift key again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Mine still does this even after I let go of shift and press it again. I have to let go for a couple seconds, which doesn't seem like a lot but it messes up my flow. Since I like drawing fast, continuing straight lines I use the shift key, but then I have to go erase all the diagonal connection points afterwords. Is there anything I can do to disable the feature?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So many people have asked for this feature before, I do not think Adobe will do this unfortunately, it would be an incredible feature. I've been using Photoshop since the early 1990s and would love to see this.  Having the shift key draw a straight brush stroke AND connect brush strokes is ridiculous. There should at minumum be a way to toggle the feature on or off.  Or provide another key binding for each separately, which has not happened yet.  If you draw alot of straight lines, having to constantly unpress the shift key between lines just to prevent your lines from connecting is not a good feature imho and slows down productivity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE ADOBE, update this ^^^^^^^^^ It would save me so much time to be able to freely draw without ghosted connected lines all over the place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solved my problem

1. release shift key after drawing. 

2. (1)Then drop a dot first then (2) hold shift again and continue draw.

3.Release all key again.

4. Important! do not click , shift+click at the same time. It will connect pervious line.

All you need to do is release all key after one straight line. Drop first then hold shift.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
yes, this is what I do, but having to draw a second dot is adding extra
steps to my drawing process making it much more difficult to draw naturally
and as fast as I'd like. It's not natural, efficient or smooth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines