• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disable "Zoom to Layer Content" in PS 2020

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you turn off “Zoom to Layer Content” in PS 2020?! The action is trigged when option/alt clicking a layer or group which in turn zooms to the contents of the layer to the screen. The action is the same key combination used to collapse nested groups. The new feature is not desirable and I'm looking for a way to turn it off. Please help!

Full description of the aciton can be found here, topic #9.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

HEllo, all, I suggest to try to updatre Photoshop to v 21.1 as there is a fix for the unwanted zoom to layer content: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html#photoshop-desktop-fixed-issues

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you see Alt-Click Layer Pallets (Layer Content Thumbnail, or mask thumbnail, of outside the layer thumbnails) documented as a shortcut for collapse nested groups? I can not find that Alt-Click Layers  is a Photoshop shortcut for collapse nested groups. I can find fit layers to screen

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Opt/Alt + click the triangle next to a Layer Group will expand/collapse all Layer Groups including nested Layer Groups.

Not sure of the official documentation but I've been using this feature for years. The same auther in the link above documents the feature here posted on 11-05-2015.

The issue is this same legacy feature is now combining a non desirable feature (Zoom to Layer Content) which I would like to turn off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That document Alt-Click on the Expand|Contract icons  like in the Action Palette but in the layers palette.  Not the Layer Group thumbnail. The seems to work, However clicking on the Group Folder Thumbnail Icon Zoom in one the group.  image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you can also do this function in the Action Pannel.

Thank you for your help but maybe I'm not being clear. New PS 2020 - opt+click the group arrow in the layer pannel will close the group AND zoom your document. I want to disable the zooming of the document as it is not a desirable feature. If I opt+click the layer outside of the arrow and the doc zooms ok fine but if I opt+click the arrow I only want the groups to collapse just like the PS versions that came before it.

This is a key combination I use countless times a day and have reverted back to PS 2019 until there is a solve. The zooming of the document creates additional steps in my work flow as I now how to reposition the doc to where it was before collapsing all groups.

Note: Maybe this is a Mac only bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, I don't have a solution, but would like to add that I am having the same problem! When I cmd+option click a layer thumbnail to deselect its contents, it also zooms to the layer content. This is extremely annoying and as you said, I do this many times a day and am also on a mac. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Count me in : I'm using the ALT + click for nested groups all the time and this new zoom to layer feature being on the same shortcut AND same zone of clicking as the little arrow is super annoying.

The feature is good and useful, just only make it work when clicking on the layers themselves, not the little arrow for nested groups. It's a simple and obvious way to separate the two that I honestly find quite blaffling they haven't thought of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, post, vote and monitor this thread for more info: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/alt-clicking-arrows-next-to-groups-zooms-to-t...

This forum here is for user to user interaction, the Feedback one is for feedback to the Ps team...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. How to turn it off...

//// RIG: CPU i9-9900K 5,0 GHz 8 core, RAM 64 GB, SSD M.2 1 TB, GPU RTX 2080Ti 11 GB, Windows 10 Pro. //// AFTER EFFECTS PLUG-INS: Red Giant Suite, 3D Elements and then some... ////

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

josteger hello, did you post on the thread I mentioned earlier?

You are addressing other users here, the other forum is for feedback to the Ps team...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello !
I usually use the shortcuts :
Ctrl as Select All
Ctrl + Shift as Add selection (+)
Ctrl + Alt as Substract selection (-)
Ctrl + Alt + Shift as Xor selection (x)
And the shortcuts with Alt are zooming now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HEllo, all, I suggest to try to updatre Photoshop to v 21.1 as there is a fix for the unwanted zoom to layer content: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html#photoshop-desktop-fixed-issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no relevant content on this link???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i have 21.1.1 but it doesn't seems like it has solved this issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi! I have version 22.43 and there's still no fix for the unwanted zoom-to-layer content. Please, I really don't want this feature. Just let me know how I can turn it off, please! I've checked "Known Issues" and it's not in there.

PLEASE, this is a real problem since it gets in the way for when I want to alpha-lock layers to a specific layers and I always manages to zoom in on that layer when I don't want to. 

You will have my eternal thanks if you can fix this unwanted layer zoom in-feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines