Disable Variable and concept fonts?

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen this question asked a few times with no resolution. How can you remove or disable the variable fonts. I don't have much need for these and now in order to get to the typeface that I do need, I have to scroll and search through at least 40+ of the "variable" fonts. This has become a real pain throughout InDesign, illustrator, and photoshop. 

How can I get rid of all this junk?

Capture.JPG

TOPICS
FAQ, Feature request, How to, Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I don't think I am able to uninstall them. They are not actual fonts on my machine, nor can I locate the fonts in the adobe font manager to deactivate them. Which made me think that there would just be a setting to turn things off but I haven't had any luck locating that. I really hope there's some way to deactivate these...

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really? Does no one have any recommendations? 
I would imagine this should be a simple thing to deactivate, if not how would be the best way to go about requesting this?

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, there's not too much help on that page either. 
The note regarding the removal of the "Required Fonts" from the InDesign file structure cannot be used on all adobe applications. Not to mention only a couple of the variable fonts are even located there. 

And while it is aggravating in InDesign, it's just the same for Photoshop and Illustrator. 

I suppose this just isn't a thing then. How can we request a fix for this from adobe? I've never had to request something but these fonts are just insanely redundant and I hope to get rid of this clutter one day. 

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines