• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disabled my graphic card???

New Here ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had an error message when opening an image in Photoshop, and a different one when trying to opening it through Lightroom. Everything else on my laptop works perfectly fine. The tech support person accessed my computer and disabled my graphic card, an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050, which is way better than the default Intel graphic card. It solved the issue, Photoshop opens the picture now! I asked him what he did and he explained to me that he disabled my graphic card, which I really found weird since I'm always gaming with this graphic card and everything works perfectly. He told me my graphic card is not good enough and I need to upgrade it... Which I found really weird. Then, my laptop isn't detecting my second monitor anymore. Like my HDMI port isn't working anymore... So I contacted my IT friend and he confirmed my graphic card is better than the Intel one, so I'm not supposed to experience any issue and I'm not supposed to disable it. I hope he's gonna be able to fix the issue.  I'm not contacting Adobe support ever again, and if Photoshop still doesn't work I'll just use another software and goodbye Adobe.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need to disable the Intel GPU, not the Nvidia GPU.

Dual GPUs looks like a good idea on paper, but advanced applications like Photoshop use the GPU for actual data processing, and the result returned to Photoshop for further processing. It's not a simple one-direction flow like it used to be (and probably still is for simpler and basic apps). Two GPUs will mess up the whole process. You can't send data to one GPU and get it back from the other.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html 

Scroll down for instructions on how to disable the integrated GPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines