Highlighted

Disabling Spring-loaded Tools function

Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, is there a way of disabling the spring-loaded tools function.

Since I updated my Photoshop a couple of days back, the Spring-loaded tool function had gotten way more sensitive, and had being highly disruptive to my work process. I tried doing clean installation and rolling back to previous version, and even changing my keyboard, but the problem persist, my brush and eraser will keep switching between themselves randomly. Do get back to me soon

Thanks for the feedback all,

Currently there is not a way to disable the spring-loaded keyboard shortcuts. 

If you'd like, please add your vote and voice to this feature request thread: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/turn-off-toggling-between-tools

Regards,

Pete

TOPICS
How to, Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Disabling Spring-loaded Tools function

Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, is there a way of disabling the spring-loaded tools function.

Since I updated my Photoshop a couple of days back, the Spring-loaded tool function had gotten way more sensitive, and had being highly disruptive to my work process. I tried doing clean installation and rolling back to previous version, and even changing my keyboard, but the problem persist, my brush and eraser will keep switching between themselves randomly. Do get back to me soon

Thanks for the feedback all,

Currently there is not a way to disable the spring-loaded keyboard shortcuts. 

If you'd like, please add your vote and voice to this feature request thread: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/turn-off-toggling-between-tools

Regards,

Pete

TOPICS
How to, Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 22, 2020 5
New Here ,
May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also like to disable this feature.  It does seem more sensitive than it used to be and completely disrupts my painting/hotkey workflow.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 04, 2020 3
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have this same problem with the new versions and spring tools. Its so distruptive and annoying to my workflow that i am at my wits end. This bug happened with this version of PS and the previous two versions i believe because before this i never had this issue since the spring tools were introduced.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 28, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive managed to make a work around for disabling spring loaded shortcuts by using macro's on my razer ornata.. I just made macros that basically played the same key and turned it off whenever i would press that key, so there was no chance that photoshop would think i actually wanted to use the spring function. Tested it, the keys i bound macro's to had no ability to spring back, while the others that didnt have macro's asigned had that ability. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 28, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I do not have a keyboard with that function to work around it... I just have to struggle through it as much as possible

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 29, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I am also a digital painter and have upgraded to PS 2020 recently.  I upgraded from Photoshop 2017.  The spring loaded tools feature does make sense but i feel it should be an option, or at least have a setting that should be disabled.  My workflow for speed painting ususally includes using the hotkeys to sample colors, pan the screen and erase/brush.  For speed-sake it's faster to be in control and push the hotkeys to manually toggle tools rather than rely on the AI at this point.  AI in photoshop isn't robust enough to deciefer which tools a user is going to use and limiting the feature to just two tools (having to hold down the next tool in the sequence) isn't fast enough because often the spring loaded tool becomes a neusance because at the quick speed of painting pushing a button multiple times is more efficient than holding a button down and releasing when the pace is offset.

I'm new here, does Adobe listen to these forums?  What is the best way to get them to add a preference control to disable this feature?  I have been in the game industry for over a decade, i think some of these improvements to the tools can be counter productive.

Thanks for the patience and learning experience!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 12, 2020 0