• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Discontinuing browser support? Why on earth would you do that?

Explorer ,
May 24, 2016 May 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our company leverages Extract heavily, so I am quite disappointed to see that you're planning on discontinuing browser support... The ability to share Extract links between designer & developer has proven extremely valuable and will be missed dearly.

Is there anything you can tell me to help explain this decision? The blog post was profoundly vague...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 29, 2016 Jul 29, 2016

Hi all,

Thank you for chiming in and sharing your thoughts. Feedback shapes what we build and we take it very seriously.

We’re very happy to announce that Extract is coming back to Creative Cloud Files late next week. Right now we’re running some tests to make sure things work smoothly, and you can expect a follow-up post when it’s good to go.

We apologize for the disruption and hope that you and your teams will continue to count on Creative Cloud to help your designer to developer workflows.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2016 Jul 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is my guess that this Adobe's move has to do more with money than lower usage. Adobe brackets is free so in order to get more CC subscriptions they are trying to get people to use other workflows but using CC Apps like Dreamweaver. I cannot think about other explanation to this discontinuation on such a USEFUL tool!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2016 Jul 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received an email this morning that they will be reinstating extract sometime next week - which is great news!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rumors? Tell us more ... we are curious!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to post and run away this morning - as Pete confirmed, Adobe escalations notified me this morning that Extract is coming back and that we should expect the tab back by the end of next week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2016 Aug 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm happy to report that Extract is now officially online.

Thank you again for all of your feedback.

Regards.

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Pete. I did notice that is now back, but one of my devs noticed that it is not available when a link is shared. Only available for Cloud Users. WIll you be adding it back to non-Cloud Users?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like there is an advanced option in the share settings for the PSD file to Allow the use of Extract or not.

Can you confirm it's checked for that asset?

extract.jpg

Regards

PG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like the Extract checkbox appears when sharing an individual file. So now when I share a folder, it by default turns off Extract. It would be great if sharing a folder, Extract is enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that how it used to function Darren? I never tried sharing a folder and testing Extract previously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2016 Aug 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Pete, thank you so much for bringing back Extract! I can't help but wonder, though, how many people left entirely and still don't know Extract is back online. Perhaps you guys can send out a mass email or newsletter with the good news?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2016 Aug 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

God bless people who came Extract back!

Dear Adobe and Extract team

• Thank you! I know all appreciate this decision!
  • Please don't cut off Extract again. I belive community can help if you ask and everyone can share Extract among friends, coworkers, facebook, etc. Thereby we can increase Extract usage activity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines