• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disk Error when Opening Files

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2019 Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since I updated to Photoshop 2020 I am getting the error "Could not open “FILE_NAME” because of a disk error." the first time I try to open a file. I click okay on the error and try to open the file a second time and it opens. It's really frustrating having to open a file twice everytime. I'm on the most up to date Photoshop 2020 and I tried unstalling and reinstalling the app. I'm on Mac High Sierra. Does anyone know how I can fix this? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are these files located? Local disk, network, or?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to open from recent items?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you doing anything similar to what this post was mentioning with the same error?

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/can-t-open-a-ps-file-could-not-complete-your-request-becaus... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem. Do you have Synology NAS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - I have Synology NAS....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same exact problem. I have to open every Photoshop file or .jpg twice. I just got a brand new iMac computer and this error has followed me. arg. My files are on a network. I have ignored it for close to a year and was hoping it wwas just a flaw in my old computer. Any solutions? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same situation here! whenever I wanna open a file stored in my Synology NAS with Photoshop, I get an error the first time and it will open the second time. Super weird and annoying...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, how can i do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to OSX Big Sur and the bug seems to be gone...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone had any luck solving this? My RAW files are saved on Synology NAS, work fine in Lightroom, but can't open in Adobe Raw (Photoshop 2021). If I paste the RAW file onto desktop, it opens fine. Seems to be a network storage problem? But never had this issue before...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue for me... afted updated to OSX Big Sur the problem remains...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe doesn't work well with NAS devices. Have you talked to Synology?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same problem here. Different error reported on photoshop 23.1.1 (file locked) and 22 (disk error), but same issue.

Any solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines