Highlighted

Disk Error when Opening Files

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since I updated to Photoshop 2020 I am getting the error "Could not open “FILE_NAME” because of a disk error." the first time I try to open a file. I click okay on the error and try to open the file a second time and it opens. It's really frustrating having to open a file twice everytime. I'm on the most up to date Photoshop 2020 and I tried unstalling and reinstalling the app. I'm on Mac High Sierra. Does anyone know how I can fix this? Thanks!

Topics

Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Disk Error when Opening Files

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since I updated to Photoshop 2020 I am getting the error "Could not open “FILE_NAME” because of a disk error." the first time I try to open a file. I click okay on the error and try to open the file a second time and it opens. It's really frustrating having to open a file twice everytime. I'm on the most up to date Photoshop 2020 and I tried unstalling and reinstalling the app. I'm on Mac High Sierra. Does anyone know how I can fix this? Thanks!

Topics

Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are these files located? Local disk, network, or?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to open from recent items?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you doing anything similar to what this post was mentioning with the same error?

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/can-t-open-a-ps-file-could-not-complete-your-request-becaus... 

Kevin Stohlmeyer Adobe Community Professional/Adobe Certified Instructor

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem. Do you have Synology NAS?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - I have Synology NAS....

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same exact problem. I have to open every Photoshop file or .jpg twice. I just got a brand new iMac computer and this error has followed me. arg. My files are on a network. I have ignored it for close to a year and was hoping it wwas just a flaw in my old computer. Any solutions? Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines