Highlighted

Disk error while saving Photoshop files at Google-File-Stream

Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

since about 2 weeks I sometimes get a disk-error on my Mac while saving a file with Photoshop on GoogleDrive-FileStream.

After 2 or 3 saving attempts it usually saves just fine. Saving on my hard drive works without any problems.

Any idea what the problem might be?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Disk error while saving Photoshop files at Google-File-Stream

Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

since about 2 weeks I sometimes get a disk-error on my Mac while saving a file with Photoshop on GoogleDrive-FileStream.

After 2 or 3 saving attempts it usually saves just fine. Saving on my hard drive works without any problems.

Any idea what the problem might be?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 28, 2018 1
Adobe Employee ,
May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Flunters,

Could you please let us know what exact error you're getting?

Also, when was the last time you were able to save files to Google file stream?

Please have a look at this article and let us know if it helps: Fix problems syncing to your computer - Computer - Google Drive Help

Regards,

Sahil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 28, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sahil,

I get this: “Could not save as ‘…’ because of a disc error”.

When I try again and again it usually saves after the second or third time. Also I don't get this error every time -- it seems to happen just randomly.

Thanks!

Steffen

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 28, 2018 1
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for providing the information Steffen, as Photoshop is able to save files on the local drive, it seems that there might be a permissions issue that is causing the error to appear. It is not recommended to save files on network drives directly from Photoshop as it might corrupt the file or the file will not save in many cases, please have a look at this article to know more about this: Troubleshoot issues with networks, removable media in Photoshop

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 29, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sahil,

I can't believe that it is not recommended to save a file directly on a service like GoogleDrive-FileStream.  The whole point of using the service is to be able to work on it directly.

Also it worked fine before. So I guess either Photoshop or Google changed something that causes the error.

Thanks,

Steffen

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 29, 2018 2
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem as Steffen. I've been working on network drives (Dropbox, Google Drive) for quite a while now, and the problem seems to be new. Network drives are becoming ubiquitous, so this is something that really has to be addressed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 29, 2018 1
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue happens when using Illustrator. No other apps cause this issue, meaning the fault is not on Google Stream.

Please investigate the issue and find a fix, losing files would be detrimental.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 11, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

Same problem, using Google Drive File Stream for business on MacOS. My File Stream deleting files from drive when I'm clicking cmd+S, and after I can't save this file with exact same error: "Could not save as "File_Name" because of a disk error". I have sent couple of feedbacks to Google, probably issue on their side, because i can easily save files to SSD drive.

If you will find solution please let me know, thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 01, 2018 2
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Run into the same problem

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 05, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same issue.  I've come at it from the Google Drive side, but they aren't able to help.  I haven't yet spoken to their customer support as I need admin rights and our admin is out today.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 08, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Started have this same problem 2 days ago. Disk error while saving photoshop files to google drive share. I've been working directly on cloud drives for years (dropbox, google, meocloud, etc) with 0 issues.

Also google drive automatically thrashes my file and when i try to restore it the file is either corrupt or photoshop returns  "Could not complete your request because the file is not compatible with this version of Photoshop."

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 14, 2018 0