• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Display Port or HDMI

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I'm looking at two LG 27" monitors (4K): LG 27UD68-W 4K UHD 27" Screen LED-Lit Monitor: Amazon.ca: Computers & Tablets

And as I have an RX Vega 64, I have two display ports and two HDMI ports. I've been looking but really haven't found an answer I understand for this, which is: Which is best to use for Photoshop, Premiere, AE and perhaps a game or two, HDMI or Display Port?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 04, 2018 Aug 04, 2018

HDMI or Display Port?

Doesn't matter. Minutia like signal latency, protocol tunneling or which pin carries which current/ signal are ultimately completely irrelevant. And with a 4k display you never get anywhere near exhausting any limits of either specification nor do you require any specific features like USB-style serial chaining as DisplayPort would allow.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt you'd see any difference with using either cable.  I suspect that you'll find a  wider range of HDMI cables available, and they might be a bit cheaper.

HDMI vs. DisplayPort: Which display interface reigns supreme? | PCWorld 

I use four connections from my GTX970 to three monitors and a Cintiq Companion 2, and I just use what works best within the confines of distance.  I've just had a look behind the screens, and the longest one (3 metres) is DVI to HDMI.  I didn't give it a seconds thought.  That was the greatest distance, so I used the longest lead.

Linus did a crazy 10K setup with nine screens in a recent video, and would have needed to use long cable lengths.  You could ask a question in the comments, but I suspect they will have used HDMI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 04, 2018 Aug 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HDMI or Display Port?

Doesn't matter. Minutia like signal latency, protocol tunneling or which pin carries which current/ signal are ultimately completely irrelevant. And with a 4k display you never get anywhere near exhausting any limits of either specification nor do you require any specific features like USB-style serial chaining as DisplayPort would allow.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HDMI cables or DISPLAY Port:

HDMI cables is High definition of multi media interface that used for HDMI Port, while display port used for display Port.

both used like USB port to connect, cables with device.

for more information you can check on this. agilon.in

1) Display port Cables

2) HDMI Cables

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Except if you have a 30-bit capable monitor and video card. Then you need DisplayPort, HDMI doesn't have the bandwidth.

If it works at all, that is...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks all! HDMI it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines