• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dissolve mode not working when blending

Participant ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help me with the blending modes in Photoshop. I am using layers. Two of my layers are using "dissolve" mode in blending options. When I flatten the image, the effect is lost. Can you please tell me why or help me fix it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post two screenshot taken at View > 100% with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Channels, Options Bar, …) visible – one of the layered, one of the flattened image? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi and thank you. I found a tutorial on the dissolve mode, and it said that there need to be transparent pixels in the image for it to appear dissolved, if I understand correctly.
I was experimenting and it did not make sense to me that the appearance of the image changed when flattened. Here are the screenshots for interest, but having now read about it, I think it is behaving the way it is intended.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could you please post two screenshot taken at View > 100% with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Channels, Options Bar, …) visible – one of the layered, one of the flattened image

Please do not attach them put insert them. 

insertPhotos.png

Adjustment Layers and Layer Blend Mode combinations can be subject to display issues due to caching and previews at less than 100% can therefore be unreliable. 

»there need to be transparent pixels«

By changing the Layer’s Opacity you have already affected the Transparency. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines