• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Distorted result from perspective crop tool

Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2018 Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the perspective crop tool often and very successfully to correct converging vertical etc.

Today, for the first time, when I use the tool I got a vertically squashed result....see the attached screen shots.

I have tried restarting my PC (which runs Windows 10 and PS CC), tried using the tool on another image etc, all to no effect..I always get a vertically squashed result.

Please, can anybody tell me what's going on and how to overcome this.

regards

Brian Ormerod

perspective crop 01.jpg

perspective crop 02.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 07, 2018 Jul 07, 2018

When things get weird in Photoshop, the first place to look is the Options Bar.

We can see you have values from your screenshot.  If they are not intended, click ​Clear to remove and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2018 Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When things get weird in Photoshop, the first place to look is the Options Bar.

We can see you have values from your screenshot.  If they are not intended, click ​Clear to remove and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2018 Jul 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor,

Very many thanks.

Brian Ormerod

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I use PC a lot, in nearly all images. I use a very wide angle lens to photo murals and other artwork in spaces too tight for anything more than 12mm on a full frame sensor. No matter how hard I try to ensure sensor plane is parallel to my subject, I get keystoning, either horizontal or vertical or both. So, unlike when I was correcting for perspective back in the day when using a view camera, I have to rely on PS CC's perspective crop tool. I just experienced the terrible distortion I see occassionally when using the tool. I have found that if I am correcting more than one axis, I get huge distortion. I can always tell I'm going to get it because it takes a lot of time for the correction (or I should say the incorrection) to happen. And I have a new machine that's a rocket! Here's what I've found, and it has nothing to do with the the fix that's recommended here. If I correct for one side of my image, then the others individually, I don't get the distortion; I don't recall ever getting it when I do this. If, as with my last attempt, I correct for one side vertical and one side horizontal at the same time, it would yield the distorted image. And make me very angry! I got the huge distortion. Twice. Then I corrected the sides individually and no issue. Not a very good tool in my estimation. Adds so much time. And the correction in RAW processor is absolutely no good at all!! Photoshop, where the hell are you on this!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines