Highlighted

Do I need an active internet connection to run CS6

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

My photoshop CS6 freezes when my laptop loses connectivity to the internet. Could this be possible?

Please help this is very problematic for me

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by JJMack | Most Valuable Participant

Though Adobe does not officially support remote disk File access .You can use it open and save files on a remote disk via network sharing.  Saving may be done as a background task I do not know if opening is. And Actions and Scripts use shared network files.    If  some CS6 process was processing a network file I think  that process may Hang or may see and error.   So I think Photoshop  could Hang/Freeze if it was using network files.  I do not think an error reflected to a Photoshop process would crash Photoshop.

Script can also use HTML Protocol to transfer files from web servers. I would hope that a disconnect would be reflected as an error and not cause a hang.

Topics

Crash or freeze, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Do I need an active internet connection to run CS6

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

My photoshop CS6 freezes when my laptop loses connectivity to the internet. Could this be possible?

Please help this is very problematic for me

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by JJMack | Most Valuable Participant

Though Adobe does not officially support remote disk File access .You can use it open and save files on a remote disk via network sharing.  Saving may be done as a background task I do not know if opening is. And Actions and Scripts use shared network files.    If  some CS6 process was processing a network file I think  that process may Hang or may see and error.   So I think Photoshop  could Hang/Freeze if it was using network files.  I do not think an error reflected to a Photoshop process would crash Photoshop.

Script can also use HTML Protocol to transfer files from web servers. I would hope that a disconnect would be reflected as an error and not cause a hang.

Topics

Crash or freeze, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 01, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to Activate it. Once Activated you do not need to be on a network connevt to the web.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the internet disconnecting should not cause it to crash?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2020 0