Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Document .psd turned red with black line after PC bluescreen and lost layers

New Here ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

everything is in the title, but here I went to take a break leaving Photoshop open on a document I was editing, I record it regularly CTRL + S then when I came back the computer had blue screen, then I restart it to continue working and when I launch Photoshop and go to the document. Psd it displays a "background" layer filled with red and black stripes and I no longer have any of my layers it was a big project containing almost a dozen layers group.

Please, does anyone have a solution ?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Sorry, that's a corrupt file. Your machine must have BSOD'd while the save was in progress.

Too late now, but save incrementally while working on complex files, so that you always have something to fall back on. File corruption normally doesn't happen - until it does, by freak accident.

As for why the BSOD happens in the first place, the usual suspect is a driver, and most likely the video driver. Applications can't BSOD a modern operating system (they just crash), but drivers can.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, that's a corrupt file. Your machine must have BSOD'd while the save was in progress.

Too late now, but save incrementally while working on complex files, so that you always have something to fall back on. File corruption normally doesn't happen - until it does, by freak accident.

As for why the BSOD happens in the first place, the usual suspect is a driver, and most likely the video driver. Applications can't BSOD a modern operating system (they just crash), but drivers can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your answer.

Yes the BSOD being "Memory management" it must come from the drivers of the graphics cards or videos actually, then this must have happened during an automatic backup which is all 10 minutes its made me an unlucky...

When I go to work on big projects like this, I will try to make several backup of the document: save1.psd, save2.psd ...

I understood that there was nothing more to do for this corrupt document so I will start again.

Thank you again I’ll close the subject.

Cordially.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines