• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Documents loading as floating but want them tabbed

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason my images/documents are loading as floating. I don't want them floating. I have unchecked Enable Floating document window document and Open documents as tabs is checked. Also, when I go to the menu Window, Arrange, Consolidate all to tabs, the open document stays floating and when I open other documents, they do dock in the floating window. I am using a MacBook Pro, running Big Sur, Photoshop is 22.3. Thanks for any suggestions you may have. I have included an image of my workspace.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Yes if you have the Application Frame turned off, then the first document window will always open Floating.

In order for the first open document and subsequent documents to be tabbed you need to go to Window and check Application Frame.

Application Frame off, the first document always opens floating

appf1.jpg

Application Frame on and Open Documents as Tabs checked, the first document opens as tab

appf2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow this is really weird. Have you tried to restart os and PS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Restarting, uninstalling with not saving preferences. Nothing works --
His Peace is abundant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try deleting your Preferences>General>Reset preferences on Quit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ll try it in the morning and let you know. Thanks--
His Peace is abundant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes if you have the Application Frame turned off, then the first document window will always open Floating.

In order for the first open document and subsequent documents to be tabbed you need to go to Window and check Application Frame.

Application Frame off, the first document always opens floating

appf1.jpg

Application Frame on and Open Documents as Tabs checked, the first document opens as tab

appf2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Application Frame was not checked. Checking it did the trick. I appreciate the assistance. I thought I had tried about everything suggested when I googled the problem. Thank you very much. It was driving me crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines