• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dodge and burn not working macOS Mojave, Photoshop 19.1.9

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a MacOS Mojave, I am having issues with dodge and burn on the latest Photoshop 20.0.6. I made an adjustment layer by increasing the highlights in the curves and used the brush tool to do dodge and burn. Nothing seems to happen with this action. I tried working with the previous version- Photoshop 19.1.9 and the similar action seems to be effective. Can somebody help me with the issue. Without the dodge and burn Photoshop is completely unusable for me. Kindly help 

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, can you post a screenshot with the layers panel active?

how do you d&b ? With the tools, or with paint on the layer mask?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rahul,

Sorry to hear about the Dodge & Burn tool not working in Photoshop, let's make it right.

The Dodge and Burn tools work directly on the pixels of the targeted layer, not on the combined pixels (ie: a blank layer won't work)

Also, please update Photoshop to version 20.0.6 and see if it helps.

Let us know if it helps.
Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you need to make sure to work (target) on a layer mask, and use D&B on a grey value, you cannot push pure white or black any further...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had called the customer care center and he remotely fixed the issue by resetting the tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines