• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does deactivating Photoshop CC suspend monthly payments until reactivated?

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tend to use Photoshop in spurts two or three times a year.  Unfortunately for me, Photoshop CC charges me a monthly fee even if I don't use it for months at a time.   Question: Can activate/deactivate be used to stop monthly payments for those months that I do not use it?

Thanks,

RobertR  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably not most likely you have a yearly subscription paid monthly.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it doesn't matter if you activate the software or de-activate it, your payments still come out... Activation is just to let Adobe know what computers you are using the software on

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe offers a monthly plan. You would need to select Monthly Plan instead of Annual Plan Paid Monthly. And you would also need to be proactive in cancelling the monthly plan at the end of the month or it will automatically roll over into the next month. Pricing is at https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.  Although your suggested monthly plan appears to be the solution to my query the Photoshop ordering page does not include a monthly plan paid monthly.  Thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The monthly rental plan is only available for Photoshop (single application), not for the photography plan.

Click "See plan & pricing details", and select "Monthly plan — US$31.49/mo". Next, click the "buy now" button.

If you cancel your current (annual) rental plan, and have months left, you will be charged extra costs (unless you manage to convince Adobe support to waive these).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try contacting Adobe 800-443-8158.

If you are only interested in Photoshop, not the whole CC, Adobe offers a yearly subscription for just Photoshop and Lightroom that is significantly less for the year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to all who responded.  Between your information and Adobe 800-443-8158 I have learned that a monthly plan is available but it costs $31.49 per month, and that although the $9.99 plan can be canceled at anytime there is a 2 month cancellation fee which negates the value of doing so.

Bottom line: There is no reasonable way to subscribe to Photoshop CC on a month-by-month basis so, in that a year's subscription is only $120 I'll go for that. 

Thanks to all,

RobertR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So far as I understand it the cancellation fee is not two months, it is half the remaining cost. So that is 1-5 months cost. Just shows what a great bargain the photography plan is, especially compared with when PS was sold at $700.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines