Highlighted

Does pen pressure work for touchscreen laptops?

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just got my Asus Spin laptop which has touchscreen capability. I am trying to get the pen pressure tool to work for Photoshop but it doesnt seem to. My question is, does the pen pressure only work for the Watcom tablet, or should it work for my touchscreen latop as well? I have the Autodesk Sketchbook app and the calligraphy pen pressure tool seem to be working fine on there.

Thank you 

Ann

Topics

How to, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Does pen pressure work for touchscreen laptops?

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just got my Asus Spin laptop which has touchscreen capability. I am trying to get the pen pressure tool to work for Photoshop but it doesnt seem to. My question is, does the pen pressure only work for the Watcom tablet, or should it work for my touchscreen latop as well? I have the Autodesk Sketchbook app and the calligraphy pen pressure tool seem to be working fine on there.

Thank you 

Ann

Topics

How to, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
JJMack LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TouchScreen support does not mean the display supports a pressure sensitive pen. You need to read the manuals you have for your equipment see what feature your hardware has. Pen support and Pen support are different features, In fact Machine that support both often turn off Touch support if the pen is near the device. Other have problem determine if touches need to be rejected when the users is using their pen.

Photoshop does not support finger printing only support touch gestures.  Other applications support touch finger painting. There are touch pens stylus that are just a finger substitute they have no buttons and no pressure support.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines