Highlighted

Does photoshop keep its settings somewhere in the cloud??

Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a typical SSD turning to a brick suddenly after a year or so of working ok  and   so don't have  any older installation to migrate from.   and unfortunally nothing really working from  backups.     So I wonder could Photoshop  keep something in the cloud too  and how can I get it back into a fresh istallation?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Does photoshop keep its settings somewhere in the cloud??

Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a typical SSD turning to a brick suddenly after a year or so of working ok  and   so don't have  any older installation to migrate from.   and unfortunally nothing really working from  backups.     So I wonder could Photoshop  keep something in the cloud too  and how can I get it back into a fresh istallation?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 02, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Unless you backed up to the cloud or local storage you're out of luck, you can download the CC app from here, once installed sign in with your Adobe account and install Photoshop from there

https://creativecloud.adobe.com/cc/en

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 02, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Gen.  I wonder is there a way  to backup photoshop installation settings like scripts ,actions, custom hotkeys withing creative cloud or Photoshop menus  itself ?  They way it could be  there evry time I get a new version of Photoshop  or in such kind of bad lack?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 02, 2020 0
Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can backup your settings, but to restore them you have to do it manually

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preset-migration.ug.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 02, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ged

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 02, 2020 0
Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing in the cloud that I know of. All settings and preferences are stored in your user account, and Photoshop reads that every time it starts up. Then it rewrites all those files again when it exits.

What you can do in the future, is save out as much as possible. Anything that has a save option, do so. You can also make a copy of everything, the whole settings folder, and replace it later.

If you're on Windows, it's all here. Obviously, substitute users > your name.

settings.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 02, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks D Fosse. It's a good advise for sure

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 02, 2020 0