Highlighted

Does Photoshop secretly scan your images?

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded this image from Adobe Stock ( File #:  329573176 ), now Adobe Photoshop will not let me open it. It gives me an error message:

"This application does not support the editing of banknote images. For more information, select the information button below for internet-based information on restrictions for copying and distibuting banknote images or go to www.rulesforuse.org."

This is an odd message considering this image was already manipulated and it's being distributed by Adobe. Another question that arises from this... does Adobe Photoshop secretly scan every image you open?

Screen Shot 2020-09-08 at 8.42.01 AM.png

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Does Photoshop secretly scan your images?

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded this image from Adobe Stock ( File #:  329573176 ), now Adobe Photoshop will not let me open it. It gives me an error message:

"This application does not support the editing of banknote images. For more information, select the information button below for internet-based information on restrictions for copying and distibuting banknote images or go to www.rulesforuse.org."

This is an odd message considering this image was already manipulated and it's being distributed by Adobe. Another question that arises from this... does Adobe Photoshop secretly scan every image you open?

Screen Shot 2020-09-08 at 8.42.01 AM.png

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 08, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Adobe Photoshop includes a counterfeit deterrence system (CDS) that prevents the use of the product to illegally duplicate banknotes. Details here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/cds.html

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 08, 2020 0
Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jane is correct, but it does seem odd that you download this from Adobe Stock, but can't use it. You would think that they would have screened for that when accepting the image. There are some work arounds, but you will have to Google them.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 08, 2020 0
Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, Chuck, and have posted on the Adobe Stock forum.

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 08, 2020 0
Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keep us posted on this, as seems unfair to purchase an image with a pink background, and to not be able to edit. Atleast if was posted as a .png with transparent the image might have some usefullness.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 08, 2020 0
Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran into a similar issue. A few engineers sent me an image of an electrical unit they made and held up half of a dollar bill for scale. I couldn't open the image. Some printers, I've heard also has the ability to detect currency and won't print.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 08, 2020 0