• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does PS 22.3.1 fix saved paths issue?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so has PS 22.3.1 fixed the saved paths issue?

Yesterday I found 22.1 had issues saving large files and I was almost going to roll the dice on 22.3.1 but I couldn't find paths mentioned in the fix list. So I went with 22.2 and I'm happy to say it deals with saved paths fine on Big Sur.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does not fix that issue, but you can easily work around it by maintaining a workpath. Then you can edit saved paths without issue.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave- you say 22.3.1 allows editing of saved paths, are you sure because that was the main issue with 22.3, not being able to manipulate a saved path. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bug that caused issues with edited paths has always had a workaround in that by maintaining a workpath, even if that workpath only contains one point, the saved paths can be edited normally.  So the bug has not been fixed but that workaround still works.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you made a type error when you said  "Then you can edit saved paths without issue."  I just want to be clear for all us retouchers who are eagerly awaiting a fix for uneditable saved paths.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, no typing error. Just make sure you maintain a workpath then switch to the saved path.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you maintain that "you can edit saved paths without issue."?

Thats kind of the whole problem.  If you could edit saved paths their would be no need for the workpath workaround, which kind of states doing the editing in a workpath and maintaining your workpath until finished editing, then you can save it, when you dont need it editing anymore.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/photoshop/photoshop-2230-pen-tool-not-working-as-it-sho...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are misreading me. You do not have to do your editing work on the workpath. There just needs to be a workpath in the open document - a single point will suffice. Then switch to the saved path and carry on as normal.

As I have stated several times now and will not repeat again, the bug has not been fixed but the workaround still works. I use it here.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats actually new to me, ill have to update to 22.3.1 to test but thanks for explaining that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No problem 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines