• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does PS CC have "ease in" and "ease out" feature for motion?

LEGEND ,
Sep 03, 2013 Sep 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to learn about the video timeline in CC and expect to see an "ease in" and "ease out" feature? Is it hidden somewhere?

Where can I find some in-depth tutorials on video animation in Photoshop CC?

Thanks,

Ray

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Sep 04, 2013 Sep 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess the answer is, they don't exist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does not CS6 cross fade do what you want ?

crossfade.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, JJMack.

I need to learn more about transitions, although I'm not sure that's what I need in this case. I'd like an animated layer to slow down as it comes to a stop. It isn't a transition between clips, unless I misunderstand how to use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't do video however I would think for video to do something like that. You may need a real video editor like Adobe Premiere Pro and After effects to add an effect like that..  To simulate slow motion frame would need to be added and if there is audio  some gaps may need to be added. Photoshop only support basic video editing some transforming and filters. trimming and joining with transitions.

With a Frame animation you can  display frames at different rates or durations.   Perhaps you could create a frame animation with the effect you want then convert that to video timeline and add an audio track.  I have not tried to do anything like that.   It should be possible for I have converted a frame animation to a video timeline and rendered a video.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/aftereffects/cs/using/WS3878526689cb91655866c1103906c6dea-7d58a.html

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2014 Mar 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer is no.

You can block out animation in photoshop and after effects will read those keys, and inpoint outpoints. If you wanted to do any easing in photoshop you'd have to manuall set keys for each position.

You can use the half the distance rule to eyeball an ease if you need to stay in photoshop. Calculate the distance, and then move half that amount, recalculate the distance, and move half of that amount.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 10, 2016 Oct 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, i figure out of this struggling... right with this method i found by myself! Just had a littlebit of thinking...

Ofcourse88

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should do a youtube video on it. I know Principle Does Ease In Ease Out by default using Sketch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are some animation extensions, but I don't know if they feature ease in and out.  The problem with these is that they might not work with CC because of the Flash/HTML5 issue.

https://creative.adobe.com/addons/search?pp=PHSP&ppv=18.1.0&locale=en&q=animation

One that does not come up with the above search is Animdessin 2.  It says it is compatible with CC, but I still find extensions a bit of a lottery as to whether they will install with CC.

AnimDessin2 | Photoshop Panels.

Something that might work is to use Frame Animation and convert to video.  I discovered this effect pretty much by accident when we were playing with the forum banner design.  Using Free Transform step and repeat to produce the layers, and then Making frames from layers.  The problem with this is that the perspective effect relies on each layer being smaller than the last, so that the steps get progressively smaller, and that is no good if you are trying to make a 'bouncing ball' animation.

Ease in and out have been available in Premiere Pro for ages as far as I know, so I wonder if you could get an earlier version of PremPro without breaking the bank?  I think the link below refers to PremPro CS5.  

Controlling effect changes using keyframe interpolation in Premiere Pro

I just remembered that I had Premiere Pro 2.0 Classroom In A Book on my book shelf, and it has similar tools to those described in the CS5 link above.   Where version 2.0 would fall down is that it would not be able render out HD 1080 video (as far as I know).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2019 Jun 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a script you can use to do ease in and out in photoshop.
Here is a tutorial I made to explain it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVhVh9yX21w&t=18s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!   The one things that kept me from animating in Photoshop (even though I find it can output the most effecient GIFs out of Adobe's line-up)  Nice find, and your tutorial is excellent covering any bugs.       BTW, are you Australian? I got into Mr Inbetween lately (love it!), I dont think I could pinpoint that accent previously. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a ton of tutoirals on my YouTube channel, all about Photoshop animation:

https://youtu.be/avMVxko-f9k

This video has been one of the most popular: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAt7HGwtTqE&list=PLc-9bGHGeXj5ceC4xvoB1o0i_09fGAOsM&index=10

And this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avMVxko-f9k&list=PLc-9bGHGeXj5ceC4xvoB1o0i_09fGAOsM&index=1

Not long ago I made a trailer for my comic book, and people asked me how I made it. I'll upload a series of short tutorials that cover the basics of animation in Photoshop. Let me know what questions you have or what topics I should cover. The focus of this is on comic book trailer and motion ...
This video is about how to take a panel from a comic book and add animation. I animated a new panel from scratch, then I walk through all the steps you need to take to make it into a movie. I didn't rehearse this at all - this tutorial is made up of clips from a recording of me making an ...
Not long ago I made a trailer for my comic book, and people asked me how I made it. I'll upload a series of short tutorials that cover the basics of animation in Photoshop. Let me know what questions you have or what topics I should cover. The focus of this is on comic book trailer and motion ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@damianw24972772 wrote:

I made a ton of tutoirals on my YouTube channel, all about Photoshop animation:

Do any of these answer the OPs question from 2013 about ease in and out?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, there is no 'ease and whizz' in Photoshop. Only a script that gives you
the same effect. https://github.com/timothywhalin/Photoshop-Easing-Script

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That looks interesting Damian.  I shall check out those videos as soon as I have a moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines