• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Don't need to change Wacom tablet brush size

Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2019 Jan 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have a Wacom Intuos Art Medium and I am using Photoshop CC, i'm attempting to use the eraser tool, whenever I use the mouse the full size of the eraser is used (including hardness settings), but when I go to use the tablet a small line is drawn and I must increase my pressure to increase the size. all I would like to do is while I am using the tablet, for the eraser size set to be used fully just like the mouse.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You and Warmly,

Shere  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jan 20, 2019 Jan 20, 2019

The eraser function just like a brush. So open up the brush settings window while you on the eraser tool and see if you have anything turned on in there like Shape Dynamics or anything like that And if they are set to pressure or not. That's where it's coming from. If you clear that out, it will work just like it does with your mouse.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The eraser function just like a brush. So open up the brush settings window while you on the eraser tool and see if you have anything turned on in there like Shape Dynamics or anything like that And if they are set to pressure or not. That's where it's coming from. If you clear that out, it will work just like it does with your mouse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much that worked perfectly! I went into Brush Setting > Shape Dynamics > Control and set Pen Pressure to Off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect! Glad I could help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think this is one of those Photoshop gotchas, or perhaps more one of those things a lot of users don't realise.  Any tool that uses a brush type cursor, can use any brush preset including blend mode.  All properties in fact.  I quite like a fully hard square cursor for the eraser, on those occasions when I actually use it.

Another situation where people seem to miss a trick, is Quick Mask.  I think it might be because Quick Mask is basically a Selection tool.  But the point I am making is that once in Quick Mask, you can then use selection tools, like the Marquee tool, to fine tune the Quick Mask selection.

Note: I prefer to work with 'Color Indicates Selected Areas'  (double click the Quick Mask icon to change)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines