• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Don't understand anything of the latest edition!

Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anyway I can revert to an earlier edition of Photoshop and stick with it (not update it?)  I'm totally lost with this new version; so much so that I really need to find and work with another program because you have changed so much that I was familiar with but now just cannot understand any of it at all.
It's been totally over-designed; for who's benefit, certainly not mine; I am dumbfounded that there is nothing I can do that was so familiar but now feel like I'm trying to work a totally different program on a different planet!

Why oh why do you do this?
J Heath

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum is answered by volunteer users, we are not Adobe employees.

You can use the CC desktop application to step back to the previous version so you can choose to use  v 21.x or v22.x.

Updates are optional, but if you do not update Photoshop but you do update your operating system then you could find that an OS update renders an older version unusable at some point.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank-you; yes I was sort of aware that you're volunteers and not Adobe so; thanks anyway. By the time the next OS comes along I'll probably be past caring.  This new version is just so over-the-top; you probably quite like it but I hate everything about it; the way it opens in the body of the program rather than the old drop-down menue on the left.  I'm of the opinion that if it ain't broke, don't fix it!
I was trying to stitch two images together from my tilt & shift lens firstly working on them in Bridge but it lost me and I sure ain't impressed but do Adobe care; probably not!

Thanks again; I'll get back to the older version and stick with it; no more upgrades!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of what you describe does mot need to revert. The Home screen can be removed in Preferences as can the new New Document dialogue.

One of the strengths of Photoshop is the ability to set up and save your own workspaces. For example I like a clean workspace on my left screen but with most panels constantly open on my right screen. I also like the toolbar on the right. None of that is a problem with a custom workspace. I would recommend any user to put some time into creating a workspace that works for them.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Which version are you having issues changing from / to Jools?  Recent versions haven't changed that much IMO.

It may be worth catching up with the latest version, as the newer Photoshop features are really helpful and in future, if you upgrade your OS you may be forced to upgrade the application as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines