• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Double-clicking on a .psd file to open in Photoshop results in a headache.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the full featured Adobe CC account.

When I open the Adobe CC app, or click on the executable Photoshop file, I can open Photoshop with no problem.

When I double-click one of my Photoshop .PSD files, Adobe says I have 0 (zero) days of my "trial" left and it wants me to register my serial number!

What the heck is this about? My account is always paid up. I have never had to enter serial numbers before. Is there a serial number for each of the numerous programs I have installed? Why doesn't Adobe recognize that I am a long-standing paying customer? How do I enter all my serial numbers? Where do I find all my serial numbers?

Does anyone know how to stop all this Adobe nonsense?

This is a screen shot of the start of my headaches with Adobe:   Obviously I do not want a trial, as I am a full CC feature customer. So I click on "License this Software" and it demands that I enter a serial number. Is there only one number for the CC suite? Or does it want a Photoshop-only number?...it does not tell me which serial number it wants me to enter.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a chance you have two versions installed and double clicking is sending you to the wrong one?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, only one instance of installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you click on the "License this product"  button as shown in your image, does it start normally?  Have you tried it?  Normally all you need is to enter your valid registred email and the product gets licensed for the next 38 days after which you may be required to sign in again unless you are online all the time so the product gets validated in the background without you knowing it.  How 38 days came is something I don't know but I have tried it once to test the theory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click on "License This Product", I get the same size screen that demands a serial number. Only way out is to click cancel, but Photoshop does not open, only those pesky windows disappear.

Yes, my full CC package renews in background on the first of every month and there has never been a problem with that.

Maybe Adobe has done away with file type association?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am tempted to suggest to delete the licensing file but there is no guarantee that it will work.  I suggest start a Chat line as they are better placed to resolve all Licensing of Adobe products:

<Contact Customer Care >

good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it happen if you reboot you machine and log back in to ACC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For cloud users, you enter the email and password.

If you installed the Creative Cloud Desktop App, sign in and manage your apps there.

Or go into your account-- Manage Plan and see what is activated:

Screen Shot 2017-01-03 at 4.28.28 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure whether you are using a Mac or PC.  if on a Mac, single click on the .PSD file and go File > Get Info (Command + I).  Toward the bottom of the window under Open With make sure you have the current version selected.  I know you mentioned that you just have one version, but it's acting as if there are two.  I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes you just can't help yourself.    I'll get my coat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks to all of you for your ideas and suggestions. I have decided that I will give up on double clicking to open a file in Photoshop. There are plenty of other ways to do it, none as simple, but they work.

Best to you!

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines