Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Downgrade Photoshop cc 2018 to cc2017 on creative cloud

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

since I have installed Photoshop cc2018 I'm not longer able to use Nik Collection filters as Photoshop crash always.

How I can downgrade the Photoshop cc2018 to Photoshop cc2017 on creative cloud?

Many thanks in advance for your Help

Regards

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Read here: 2018 Nik Collection Not Compatible

2. If this doesn't help: You can install PS 2017 alongside to the 2018 version. In your CC desktop app click on the small arrow next to the OPEN label for older versions. Before starting the installation check the advanced options, if applicable.

Fenja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have try everything copy the whole folder from cc2017 to cc2018 and also installed the cc17 version also on the high sierra bud photoshop still crash 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the Creative Cloud app – you can have both versions (CC2017 and CC2018) on your computer if you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To provide feedback to Adobe use this link: Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had a similar problem to this. I inadvertantly upgraded to ps cc2018 the other day and it is truly horrible to

use and adds to my workload. And I was completely unaware I was changing from cc2017 to cc2018 since cc do

not make this clear when accepting the update.

I am going to try and deinstall all creative cloud and photoshop from my computer today and reinstall ps cc2017.

Please be aware Adobe that if the timewasting tinkering nonesense continues I will just cancel my subscription and go back to my patched copy of ps CS6, and cross my fingers that in the meantime someone somewhere is going to bring out a decent alternative to adobe ps and I will be able to download, purchase and use that in the future and not have anything to do with the extemely annoying Adobe company ever again!

I do not see why I should have to pay decent money every month to suffer and be treated like this!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please note, this is a user-to-user support forum. To address Adobe use this: Adobe InDesign Feedback

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thomash63322410  wrote

I have had a similar problem to this. I inadvertantly upgraded to ps cc2018 the other day and it is truly horrible to

use and adds to my workload. And I was completely unaware I was changing from cc2017 to cc2018 since cc do

not make this clear when accepting the update.

I am going to try and deinstall all creative cloud and photoshop from my computer today and reinstall ps cc2017.

Please be aware Adobe that if the timewasting tinkering nonesense continues I will just cancel my subscription and go back to my patched copy of ps CS6, and cross my fingers that in the meantime someone somewhere is going to bring out a decent alternative to adobe ps and I will be able to download, purchase and use that in the future and not have anything to do with the extemely annoying Adobe company ever again!

I do not see why I should have to pay decent money every month to suffer and be treated like this!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not smart to tell the world you have been using pirated software . It's no excuse that you now subscribe and then threaten to go back to your old thieving ways in a fit of pique. Software thieves normally don't just steal one product from one manufacturer so it's likely you are using other things you shouldn't have-hopefully you'll get caught and fined.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Roberto,

I've had CC2018 issues also.  My problem with PS2018 turned out to be DUE TO a problem in Bridge CC2018.  I finally uninstalled Bridge CC2018 and installed Bridge CC2017 and no more problems with PS2018.  You can uninstall CC programs and select the version you want to reinstall on the Creative Cloud Desktop.  Very easy.  I also found that it is wise to download and use the Adobe CC Cleaner before you try to reinstall.  Go through that slow enough to choose the right tasks for the changes you are making.

On my second computer, Windows Update did an automatic update to the 1709 version of Windows 10.  This caused Photoshop to start crashing immediately.  Help from Microsoft was, well ... not helpful.  The best they can come up with is that Photoshop is probably not compatible with the new version of Windows 10, and it's just too bad about that.  I rolled back to a previous version of Windows and reinstalled the Photoshop and Bridge from that date and things started working again.  Windows 10 still keeps on trying to update in spite of all attempts to prevent it.  Try DEFERRING any upgrades in Windows Update, and you might need to also disable Windows Update in the services list.

Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HALO

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines