Highlighted

Downloading Photoshop

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Macbook Pro is from 2011 and I am no longer able to update it. I am wanting to get a new macbook in order to download photoshop and I am wondering what settings would be required to download the latest Photoshop and what year Macbook Pro I should buy?

TOPICS
Download and install, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Downloading Photoshop

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Macbook Pro is from 2011 and I am no longer able to update it. I am wanting to get a new macbook in order to download photoshop and I am wondering what settings would be required to download the latest Photoshop and what year Macbook Pro I should buy?

TOPICS
Download and install, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 05, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Emily5DE5,

For starters, look at the following link that specifies the minimum system requirement for Photoshop. Aim to purchase a configuration that is equal to or greater than the recommended settings for optimal performance.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html

-Manan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2020 0
Conrad C LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A number of things have changed since 2011, most importantly the fact that both Apple and Adobe provide shorter supported lifetimes for their software than in the past. For that reason it’s best to buy the most recent model year so that it is supported as long as possible.

If you want a 13-inch MacBook Pro, the best value is the middle model that starts at $1799.

If you want a 16-inch MacBook Pro, the best value is the base model.

Both of those should run Photoshop well without adding hardware upgrades. Upgrading the CPU and graphics will mostly benefit video editing, not Photoshop.

If your Photoshop files are large or you want to keep multiple large applications open at the same time, you can order it with 32GB RAM. And of course you can order it with more internal storage if needed. But do these at purchase time, because unlike a 2011 MacBook Pro, you cannot upgrade the inside of a current MacBook Pro in the future.

And finally, you might want to hold off on buying anything until after November 10. An Apple event is scheduled that day, and Apple is expected to announce their next generation Macs based on Apple Silicon processors instead of Intel. Those could change the lineup and pricing. Independent of that, retailers tend to discount new Mac laptops the most around the end of year holidays.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2020 1