Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drag and drop from lightroom to photoshop

Explorer ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I just saw a Julieanne Kost workshop and she was able to drag and drop a file from Lightroom to Photoshop.  I tried doing it from my machine but no luck.  Is there something that I am missing a preference that I have turned off accidentally?

Al

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the Photo menu choose Edit In. 

I believe that drag and drop used to work prior to CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Barbara.  That is how I normally do it but the drag and drop looked like a fast and efficient way of doing it. 

Al 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree wholeheartedly that drag and drop would be faster and more efficient. Since it was working in older versions, I hope that Adobe will make it work in the newer versions as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Al,

Sorry that you cannot follow along one of the drag & drop tutorials in Lightroom as it does not work as expected.

Which version of Lightroom/Photoshop and  the operating system you're working with? You can check that by going to Help > System Info

• Are you dragging a single or multiple files?
  • Are you getting any error message while doing so?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash

I was trying to drag and drop multiple files into Photoshop.  No error message it is just not allowing me to drop them into Photoshop.  The only way I can do it is via the Photo menu and edit in ...... 

Al

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keyboard [Ctrl+E] is a little quicker!

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of computer do you use, and what operating system (Windows or macOS)?

I drag and drop between the latest versions of Lightroom Classic to Photoshop all the time, when I need something slightly different than straight Edit in Photoshop (like placing multiple photos into one Photoshop document as linked Smart Objects). But I’m using a Mac, and I have heard that drag and drop between Lightroom Classic and Photoshop doesn’t work in Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Conrad

I am operating a Windows 10 machine with all the latest software updates.  That could be the explanation of why it does not work on my machine.  

Al

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines