• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drag and Drop image from Photoshop HTML5 extension to server/Desktop is not working on MAC OSX

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I created a HTML5 extension for Adobe Photoshop, on extension I am displaying images from local disk. But when trying to drag & drop image from extension to desktop or on server, image is not getting dropped. (For ex. If dragging image from extension to google image search, image is not getting dropped.  On inspect dropbox  I found that, file object of image is created and added into dragged data store object on dragstart event but at drop location, on drop event File object of image is not there). I am not understanding why file object of image is deleted after dragStart event completed.same scenario working fine on Windows.

Photoshop CC version : CC2019

Mac OSX: 10.14.6

please help me to get out of this problem!

Thanks & Regards

Sargam

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sargam,

Have you acheived it? Did you use placeguns?

Regards,

Hemanth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Did you go through the following link and try the method mention here.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/get-started/drag-and-drop-image-and-text-from-html5-addon-extension/t...

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Charu. I have checked. It works in InDesign. If, I need to have the same approach in Photoshop/Illustrator. Should I have to write something different like using any events or file open in drap drop event (Photoshop)?

Thanks,

Hemanth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry for the late response, I myself not tried Drag and Drop on Photoshop. But here is an example for Illustartor. So you can try, by modifying it on photoshop as well.

https://github.com/KupinFB/Adobe-HTML-Extension-Drag-and-Drop

Let us know if this helps you.

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Charu. I got it. For photoshop, what I did is opened the file based on drap drop event.

Thanks,

Hemanth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines