• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drag and Drop in Photoshop 2020

Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2020 Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to drag and drop photos from windows exporer pictures folder into Photoshop CC

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What software versions? I do not see your problem on my Windows 10 machine with Photoshop 2020  2020.0.3. Dropping an image onto Photoshop opened application window.

Capture.jpg

Or dropping a file on a Photoshop start shortcut icon on my desktop Capture.jpg

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thank you for your support

I noticed when looking at your examples you view list was Details my photos were displayed as icons in explorer changed view and hey presto it worked

many thanks

bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changed back to icons and tried again this also works now

confused but issue solved for the moment

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When did this start? Just now or maybe when something else was installed?

If it just started, try one or more of these:

• The first thing to check, even if it's just to rule it out, is if you have an open dialog box in Photoshop.
  • If that's not it, try quitting and restarting or rebooting to see if it persists.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I tried this after watching adobe tutorials so not sure if it has ever been possible

regards

bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Yes, it should be possible to drag from Window File Explorer. Are you getting an error message? Try dragging from Adobe Bridge. Does that work?

Also, what do you mean by the "pictures folder"? Do you mean that's the view you are using in the Windows File Explorer or something else? Try another view for troubleshooting.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was trying to drag photos from the pictures file in windows explorer onto the photoshop desktop  i have seen this done on you tube and in adobe learn

i got the round icon with diag line through it

I have since changed the view style in explorer to list and now this works

Thanks for your suggestions

hopefuly it is now sorted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

I'm glad it's working now. What I've seen happen with the picture view is that folks will click on what they think is part of the image but they are really just outside the image and are in the border area. If you try that view again, put your cursor in the middle of the image.

Also, you can select more than one image with Shift for contiguous images and Ctrl for non-contiguous images.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines