Highlighted

Drag/drop issue with new install

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Completed new PC build about a week ago, and after reinstalling Photoshop CS6 - I'm having issues with dragging layers. Used to be able to kind of easily click and toss around layers at a whim, but now I have to specifically place it before releasing my mouse, or it will snap back to its original place. Also, if my mouse is moving *at all* when I release the button, it'll snap back. Is there some sort of box in Preferences or something I'm missing? It's really slowing my work down since I work with hundreds of layers at a time. I know it's not an auto select/snap issue, I always keep those both unselected.

Topics

How to, Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Drag/drop issue with new install

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Completed new PC build about a week ago, and after reinstalling Photoshop CS6 - I'm having issues with dragging layers. Used to be able to kind of easily click and toss around layers at a whim, but now I have to specifically place it before releasing my mouse, or it will snap back to its original place. Also, if my mouse is moving *at all* when I release the button, it'll snap back. Is there some sort of box in Preferences or something I'm missing? It's really slowing my work down since I work with hundreds of layers at a time. I know it's not an auto select/snap issue, I always keep those both unselected.

Topics

How to, Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 06, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Newer operating systems don't necessarily play nicely with older Adobe software. The Adobe programs may install but odd issues can show up with specific tools/features. I'm wondering if this is your issue. Could you please post the details of your system.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 06, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 Home
AMD Ryzen 9 3950X
Gigabyte B550 AM4 Motherboard
64GB Ripjaws DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory
Sabrent Rocket 2 TB SSD
Seafate Barracuda 8TB 5400 RPM Hard Drive
Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 RPM Hard Drive
EVGA GeForce RTX 2060
Cintiq 22HD

My previous PC used same OS and Cintiq, but this is the first time I've ever encountered the issue on any device

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 07, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello dbb_design

You have to downgrade your operating system or you have to jump to an alternative(CC 2015 or later) adobe PS version.I had that problem too.Then i jump to CC 2015.5 .So have to make a decision i recommend it's better if you've jump to CC latest version becuase there're lot of improvements and  lots of features.It'll easier your all the works better than previous version.That's why evey software develop to the latest updates or upgrade the version.I'll search more details for you.because is it a another error.but just think about that continue your journey with Adobe Softwares.Have a Great day,if you have another problems contact my facebook account.(Lion__De Creations)

Thank You

Chamicara Desilva

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 07, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would I have to downgrade my OS if its literally the exact same one I was using 2 weeks ago without issue? Adobe never fixed the color picker/layer styles bug present in earlier versions, and that doesn't really want me to jump to paying for a monthly DRM/cloud-bound version. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 07, 2020 0
gener7 LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you install, you get the base version, 13.0.0 Have you installed the updates?

https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/product.jsp?product=39&platform=Windows

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 07, 2020 0