• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drag Tool

Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm trying to use the drag tool to put on an image. I already opened both of them in PS. But the drag tool won't drag the black background over my image. Any ideas? Newbie here. I can seriously use some help on this. Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you mean the Move Tool.

Are you trying to drag one image on top of another image via the Photoshop tabs, or are you wanting to create a new black layer on top of an image or something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

It's a little hard to see what you have with the photos you took of your screen. It appears that the black background is in a separate image. Go to Window > Arrange > Tile to see both images at the same time. Then use the Move tool to drag one image to the other. When done, go to Window > Arrange > Consolidate.

24B2D17D-2A23-424A-AC89-6CDC56070291.png

It addition, in the file with the horse, one layer is hidden and the other is a locked Background layer that cannot be reordered.

4E38EE74-0631-4702-BE94-43A8D874B8E2.jpeg

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[image: IMG_3782.jpg]
I'm trying to get the black bg to lay on top of the horse. I attached an image I took of a tutorial. This is of a bird and a texture. I'm very sorry it's blurry, but that's how it showed up being full screen. I want both to show in the layers panel.

*Anne Blythe Brooks*

[Email and phone removed by moderator. Be careful with signature lines when you reply by email.]

Preview attachment IMG_3782.jpg

IMG_3782.jpg
2.9 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @AndalusianAnne ,

Attachments do not come through with an email reply. Open the forums in a browser and use the Insert Image button (mountain and moon) in a Reply window.

Also, do be careful with your signature line if you reply by email, as this is a public forum, and it opens you to spammers.

Here is Microsoft Help on screenshots:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots-00246869-1843-6...

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to drag the black background to the top of my horse image. Thanks

*Anne Blythe Brooks*

[Email and phone removed by moderator. Be careful with signature lines when you reply by email.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for telling me that about the signature line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, yes, I mean the move tool. All I want to do is use the black bg behind the horse. In someone else's video he showed the following: the texture on top, the bird in the middle and a blank layer at the bottom. See my picture below:

https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=b477297a05&attid=0.1&permmsgid...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Did you try the directions I posted earlier? Here they are again:

"It appears that the black background is in a separate image. Go to Window > Arrange > Tile to see both images at the same time. Then use the Move tool to drag one image to the other file. When done, go to Window > Arrange > Consolidate.
"In addition, in the file with the horse, one layer is hidden and the other is a locked Background layer that cannot be reordered."

Adding to that, once all the images are in the same file, go to the Layers panel and drag that layers in the order you want them. Make sure the top horse layer is not hidden, as it is in your screen shot.

Your link does not work. You need to use the Insert Photos button in the Reply window. Thanks!

jane-e_0-1602463410757.png

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

At the risk of repeating myself from 5 days ago, sometimes keyboard shortcuts are easier & faster than the mouse.

1. Open picture #1. 
  2. Click on the Move Tool (cross with arrows) in your left Toolbar.
  3. Select the layer in your Layers Panel and hit Ctrl/Cmd + A to select all. 
  4. Use Ctrl/Cmd + C to Copy contents to clipboard.  See Fig 1.  

Fig. 1Fig. 1

5. Switch to picture #2.
  6. Hit Ctrl/Cmd + V to paste.  Move as required.

Fig. 2Fig. 2

Post back if you have any questions.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines