Highlighted

Dragging a New Guide on a White Background

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm baffled by a recent change in the color of a new guide as it is being dragged from a ruler. It's a dotted white line which is invisible against a white background in product shots, for example.

I thought the Guides, Grid & Slices preferences would let me change this to the actual Guide color (a light blue, as always) but nothing I do there affects the color of the guide being dragged.

I would prefer the dragged guide was not white, obviously, but the same color as the fixed guide. As it used to be, in short. How can I get there from here? TIA

(Photoshop 21.2.4)

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Dragging a New Guide on a White Background

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm baffled by a recent change in the color of a new guide as it is being dragged from a ruler. It's a dotted white line which is invisible against a white background in product shots, for example.

I thought the Guides, Grid & Slices preferences would let me change this to the actual Guide color (a light blue, as always) but nothing I do there affects the color of the guide being dragged.

I would prefer the dragged guide was not white, obviously, but the same color as the fixed guide. As it used to be, in short. How can I get there from here? TIA

(Photoshop 21.2.4)

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 15, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your guides should be this blue-green colour as they have always been. I just tried it on mine (also running 21.2.4) and it works fine.

Have you tried resetting your preferences? It looks like a bug.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did try resetting the preferences but it had no effect on the guide color as it is being dragged. Thanks for the thought.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2020 0