Highlighted

Dragging a subject on top of a background image

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to Photoshop and I am trying to place an image of a person onto a background. However, when I drag the background image to the other, either the background image is tiny and goes on top of the subject image instead of behind, or the subject image is too big and covers the entire screen, obscuring the background image altogether. Some context: I'm trying to place a photo of myself on top of a TV, to make it look like I'm crawling out of the screen. In this case the picture of the TV screen is the background. But trying to place my photo on top of the background, even though in its original layer my photo doesn't look that big, when it is on top of the TV background it suddenly expands dramatically in size during the transition. How do I fix this?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Dragging a subject on top of a background image

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to Photoshop and I am trying to place an image of a person onto a background. However, when I drag the background image to the other, either the background image is tiny and goes on top of the subject image instead of behind, or the subject image is too big and covers the entire screen, obscuring the background image altogether. Some context: I'm trying to place a photo of myself on top of a TV, to make it look like I'm crawling out of the screen. In this case the picture of the TV screen is the background. But trying to place my photo on top of the background, even though in its original layer my photo doesn't look that big, when it is on top of the TV background it suddenly expands dramatically in size during the transition. How do I fix this?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 14, 2020 0
mglush LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue that you are dealing with is resolution. The picture of "you" sounds like it has more resolution (more pixels) than your background image. You can use Image Size to shrink the "you" picture to get it down to the right size, or as you did before, drag the "you" image into the background image and use Command-T to shrink it to fit the TV. Check the Image Size dialog box to see what resolution your images are (Cmd-Optoin-I) -- it sounds like the TV image is a lot less. What is your final output—print? Web?

If you have any other questions, let us know.

Michelle

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2020 0