Highlighted

dragging dropping

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, i updated my photoshop recently. after the update i now can not drag and drop a layer/image to another open file

Topics

How to, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

dragging dropping

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, i updated my photoshop recently. after the update i now can not drag and drop a layer/image to another open file

Topics

How to, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you mean in a consolidated image window its been reported to Adobe and in this user forum. I expect Adobe will rectify the document switching problem that prevent  dropping the image on the other document.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That should work. I do it all the time. Try resetting your preferences. Go to (Mac) Photoshop>Preferences>General or (PC) Edit>Preferences>General. In the General tab click on the "Reset Preferences on Quit" button. Quit and then restart Photoshop. 

reset ps pref.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried this, didn't work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, indeed, you can't drag to a tab.

First solution: untab the images, or show them side by side with the Window>arrange>tile options.

(you can also configure the preferences>workspace to untabtab the images, and have them floating)

You can also try to right-click on the layer name, select Duplicate... and target the destination image.

A third solution, until a fix is out, is to CTRL+A, CTRL+C to copy the layer, Ctrl+Tab to select the other image, Ctrl+V.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines