Highlighted

Dragging items but they snap back – very frustrating.

Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When shifting layers around using the mouse I frequently encounter an issue where once I let go of the mouse button the item snaps back to it's original position. When this starts happening I can onnly move stuff using the arrow keys!!

I'm using the most up to date PS and this happens on bot my work Mac (2016 High Sierra) and my home Mac (2019 Catalina)

Any ideas greatly appreciated!

Topics

Bug, Mac, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Dragging items but they snap back – very frustrating.

Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When shifting layers around using the mouse I frequently encounter an issue where once I let go of the mouse button the item snaps back to it's original position. When this starts happening I can onnly move stuff using the arrow keys!!

I'm using the most up to date PS and this happens on bot my work Mac (2016 High Sierra) and my home Mac (2019 Catalina)

Any ideas greatly appreciated!

Topics

Bug, Mac, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 04, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, what version of Adobe Photoshop are you using?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 04, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop is 21.2.0 – it happens on both macs!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 12, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me all the time as well and it's been so frustrating. I have the latest version (21.2.1) and am using it on MacOS Mojave (10.14.6). Restarting, and closing out and reopening the file doesn't work. However, what does seem to work is when I keep trying different layers to move. Usually, eventually, one of the layers will move properly and then the rest of the "problem" layers will work as well. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 11, 2020 0
Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried to reset the software preferences?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 12, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only thing that seems to work is if I restart PS or occasionally if I purge inside PS.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 12, 2020 0
italosan LATEST
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try uninstalling Adobe Photoshop with Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool, so that any corrupt files are also deleted. Once the uninstall is complete, install the software again and check that it no longer causes problems

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2020 1