• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dragging/moving image or text duplicates

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I use the move tool with a mouse or cursors, to relocate an image or text on the same layer, it duplicates.  It leaves a ghost of that image or text or sketched object, behind in the original location.

I've also tried Command T to select it then move it....sometimes that is successful but not always.  

Then I click on the relevent layer to turn off what was left behind but that doesn't turn off the original location of the image but there is no layer with that ghost. 

So to remove old location of the image, I have to click another unassociated layer on and off to remove the ghost image.  

At first I thought it may be a memory issue but it seems ok.

Is there something new in Photoshop that I haven't ticked/unticked to stop this?  There just isn't any logic to this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try checking, "Use Legacy Compositing" in the preferences. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Chuck.  It was already checked.  But I unchecked to see what happened, and the problem is solved.  

Now I'm going to read up on what this is supposed to do.  

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Stupid question, but where is that? I can't seem to find it in my settings. I'm using Photoshop 2020 on a Mac, running Catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe was rewriting the core compositing code to Photoshop. While they were doing this, they provided the Use Legacy Compositing option incase there was a bug and someone needed to revert to the old compositing engine. I believe in this last release, the rewrite is complete. So that might be why people are seeing issues with the old legacy compositing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have what are seemingly the same issues, Photoshop 2020 on Mac but running High Sierra, can't find "Use Legacy Compositing" in the preferences., only use legacy "New Document" interface, but checking and unchecking that has no impact. As in this thread, I'm left with a ghost image from any layer(s) I create or paste, or type I create inthe layer below, if I click so as not to view the layer below, the ghosting disappears when I click to view once again, but as soon as I view the new layer, the ghosting appears once again, making it impossible to work and necessitating in me using an older version of photoshop. Tired everything I know, but nothing removes the ghosting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. Cant find "Use Legacy Compositing" to fix the problem like others have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's in the Performance preferences under Options and it just says "Legacy Compositing". I unchecked it and the problem was solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, please try to update to 21.2.1, as one of the listed bug fixes is for this very problem, and please report if it worked: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html#photoshop-desktop-fixed-issues

(but leaving legacy off is the best option going forward, anyways)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines