• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Droplet cannot communicate with Adobe Photoshop Version: 21.0.2

Contributor ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies if this is a duplicate - first post seens to have been lost.

The PS Droplet function does not work for me. The only solution I have found is to uninstall and start over. That works and if it was a one-time solution, it would be acceptable, but having to repeat the process, over and over,  is a such time waster. Is there not another way of doing this? Whatever the problem is, the fix should be included in the updates.
Adobe Photoshop Version: 21.0.2 20191122.r.57 2019/11/22: e3e4068e635 x64\

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eliza,

Sorry to hear about the droplet error in Photoshop, could you please try the steps mentioned here and let us know if it helps?

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-photoshop-droplets-windows.html

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have read the other posts and the upshot seems to be reinstallation. I have followed the instructions on the Troubleshoot Photoshop droplets | Windows page, with no luck.

1. Make sure Photoshop is up to date
  • Updated this morning.
  1. Set the correct permissions for your droplets
  • I enabled Run as Administrator. Result: Droplet couldn't communicate with Photoshop.
  • Turned off UAC. Result: Droplet couldn't communicate with Photoshop.
  1. Uninstall and re-install Photoshop
  • This is precisely what I am trying to avoid. Not everyone has access to high-speed Internet. Many of us live in areas where there is no cable, no DSL, no line-of site and have to rely on sometimes-iffy satellite service with very slow download speeds - 20 minutes this morning, just to update. If reinstallation was a one-time fix, I would be quite happy to do this, but since this has happened several times,  I am fairly sure that it will happen again.

If anyone has a suggestion/work-around, other than reinstallation, please let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines