Highlighted

Droplet question

Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a droplet yesterday that worked fine as simple as it can get open png save for web a jpg in a folder and close. So today I go to make a new droplet for a different folder same thing open png save for web as a jpg and close. For some reason i'm missing some step and all my jpgs keep saving as the same name not the document name. if i look under the action i see it save "save as custom file name" I dont want everything to save as the same name I want everything to save in the same folder with its own current document name.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Droplet question

Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a droplet yesterday that worked fine as simple as it can get open png save for web a jpg in a folder and close. So today I go to make a new droplet for a different folder same thing open png save for web as a jpg and close. For some reason i'm missing some step and all my jpgs keep saving as the same name not the document name. if i look under the action i see it save "save as custom file name" I dont want everything to save as the same name I want everything to save in the same folder with its own current document name.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 02, 2020 0
jefbr LATEST
Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what I can read, it seems like you need to recreate your droplet and check the "Override Action "Save As" Commands" option. Without it, the droplet will execute your save as step literally (ie: keep that one filename that is in the save step). Note also that save for web is no longer the favoured method of saving pictures and should ideally be avoided.

Meaning: you can use save for web -for now-, but in a future version of photoshop it is likely to disappear and thus break your droplet. 

Here's a link with a detailed explanation of all the droplet settings if you want to read about it a bit more.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/processing-batch-files.html#batch_and_droplet_processing_opt...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 0