• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Droplets created under MacOS 10.14 not working

Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have droplets created when using MacOS 10.13 and they (still) work fine.  when i create a new droplet under 10.14, it does not work.  the underlying PS action works fine within photoshop.  also, i can create a comparable droplet on my win10 laptop and that works fine.. there is something about MacOS Mojave/Catalina that prevents the droplets from doing anything.

using PS 21.1.3 (and tried with earlier PS 20.0.9).

i see messages that seem related to this problem but no solutions.. suggestions welcome.

thanks

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

thank you.. i appreciate the link but it was not helpful.  however, i did find a solution.  go into Settings, Security & Privacy, then Privacy tab.   Select Full Disk Access.  click to unlock the padlock icon if necessary, then plus (+) to add the droplet app.

this solution occurred to me after running into a problem with Lightroom not allowing external SD cards to be used for file import under MacOS 10.15 (not a problem under 10.14).  so i tried this security setting for my photoshop droplet (a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi check the following article hope it helps you....regards

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-and-macos-catalina.html

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you.. i appreciate the link but it was not helpful.  however, i did find a solution.  go into Settings, Security & Privacy, then Privacy tab.   Select Full Disk Access.  click to unlock the padlock icon if necessary, then plus (+) to add the droplet app.

this solution occurred to me after running into a problem with Lightroom not allowing external SD cards to be used for file import under MacOS 10.15 (not a problem under 10.14).  so i tried this security setting for my photoshop droplet (app) and the droplet runs fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Were you able to this with all your droplets? I seem to able to put just 1 on the Full Disk Access list.

Everytime I add another droplet the same (1st) droplet shows and none else. So frustrating, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

UPDATE: MARCH 3 2022

so none of this helped me.  For those coming from Google search and finding this post. i fixed this issue by doing the following:

1. Open "Terminal" application (Applications > Utilities > Terminal)
  2. Type in:

xattr -cr /User/yourUserName/location/of/your/droplet.app​

if you are having trouble typing in the location of your droplet.  Simply type in xattr -cr into your terminal:

xattr -cr ​

and drop and drop the droplet into the terminal window. 
    The Terminal will automatically fill in the location of that droplet file that you just dragged and dropped.

3.  Hit Enter

4.  You should see that nothing really happened

5.  Attempt to use your Droplet as normal and it should work now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines