• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dropshadow causing crashes in Photoshop on macOS

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running photoshop on a 2019 MacBook Pro and I've found an issue where if I create a group out of layers and then attempt to apply a drop shadow, the second I attempt to turn it off, the program crashes immediately. I've tried it on a few different things and found it only happens when I try to do it to a group of layers.

Is anyone else seeing this bug?

Thanks!

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about Photoshop crashing when you apply the drop shadow. Could you please try deselecting "Use Graphics Processor" located in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance, then relaunch Photoshop and let us know if it helps?

If that does not help then you may try toggling On/Off "Legacy compositing" located in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance, then relaunch Photoshop.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue when turning off a drop shadow. Changing performance preferences doesn't seem to solve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there, I'm also having the same problem, It's really quite frustrating when we're paying so much for this to work. Seems like it should be an easy fix however none of the solutions given have worked. When i turn off Legacy another problem arises with the screen not refreshing changes resulting in doubled up layers.

A fix asap would be grand as its hindering me being able to finish my deadlines today!

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines