• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Due to a problem initiating CC Libraries...

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I'm new to Photoshop,  and I kept getting this message after initiating photoshop 2020 on my Mac (Please refer to the screenshot). I tried every solution I can find online including terminating the process, deleting cache folder, verify the hosts, configuring the proxy, reinstalling the software, and I tried Adobe CreativeCloud Cleaner tool...nothing worked..installed photoshop fresh and this message just pops right up after I started the software...I don't know anywhere else where I might get help...please could someone offer a solution! Thanks heaps!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Hi,

Yes, that is included in future updates. We are currently working on Helpx page with the workaround, let me post the steps here to unblock you:

1. Navigate to:
Mac: Applications/Utilities/Adobe Application Manager/IPC
Win: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\IPC

2. Check if this file AdobeIPCBroker exists there.

Screen Shot 2020-10-08 at 9.38.58 AM.png

If it is there, copy it by right click menu option "Copy "AdobeIPCBroker" (NOTE: Never delete or move the file!).

3. Mac: Open Finder, hold Option+Shift and click Go m

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Thank you for sharing the steps, so the location you've placed is incorrect - that's ok. Do this:
Navigate to:
Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe Desktop Common/IPCBox

Do you see AdobeIPCBroker there? If yes, copy it and paste to:
Applications/Utilities/Adobe Application Manager/IPC

Restart the app - that should work.

Let us know if that helped.

Thank you,
Mariia

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

I'm not sure I can fix your issue. But you can close Photoshop and first make sure that are signed into the cloud.

Then you can try closing Photoshop and then holding down Command+Option+Shift (Control+Alt+Shift for pc) when you double-click photoshop to start. Then say Yes to deleting the preferences to see if that helps.

or try this Old 2015 message about the same issue to see if that can help.

Photoshop CC 2015 - CC Libraries fail to initialize

hope it works for you soon! I love Libraries!!

cheers,

mark

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark, thank you for trying to help me. Unfortunately, your method didn't work, I'm reading through all posts and replies from the link you provided hoping there's a solution in there that I haven't tried...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry if this did not work. I was suggested to delete your preferences and the link I shared was the fix to the same issues someone had years ago.

If not perhaps you could try calling Adobe Tech Support and then can login to your machine and try to help.

thanks,

mark

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted about the same exact issue when I opened Photoshop several weeks ago and was so happy when I found this thread. Just wanted to say that I did what you suggested, Mark; I restarted Photoshop holding Command + Option + Shift (on a Mac) to reset my preferences. So far, the error message is gone! It's well worth the try. Thanks, Mark. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thats great! I am glad you found this thread and happy I was able to help!

happy Photoshopping!

cheers,
mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spoke too soon. The problem returned within a few hours. Eeek! Any other
possible fixes??

--

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

aww man. I was just reading a bunch of old threads, from 5 years ago, 3 years ago. Many say to quit a certain file in activity monitor. But I assume restarting your computer would do that anyway.

Another mentioned that they were signed in with the wrong adobe adress somehow? They resigned in and that fixed it. 

Only other suggestion is try updating your Photoshop if that helps, try restarting computers, signing out and back again, and if nothing else I woud call Adobe support so they can screen share and try to figure out the issue.

Sorry to hear you are having issues.... its such a great feature when its working!

Good luck,

mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We would like to investigate this problem and if you could share logs from your machine, this would be very helpful. Here is a link to Adobe Log Collector Tool:
Create and send log files for Creative Cloud
You'll get a zip file generated, could you please send the name of it? It will be something like "AdobeLogs_20191011_081024_xxx-win.zip"
This might help us to understand the root cause of the problem.

Thank you,

Supriya
CCLibraries

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Supriya,

I appreciate the fact you reached out to help me. Here is the name of the log:

AdobeLogs_20200624_213752_029-mac.zip

Update on the situation:

I noticed that this message only pops up if I have clicked on the 'Libraries' tab or have opened it in previous sessions, and it only shows up once and won't reproduce until I have terminated and restarted photoshop.

Like I explained before, the problem happens to freshly installed photoshop (after I have cleaned all adobe software from my mac), so it does look like it's a problem with the software. I believe someone sent out a post regarding the exact same issue just before me, and he/she got no solution either.

Please look into it,

Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Supriya

HI, what is the status on this? I see this same issue from 5 years ago.... is there any fix or way to solve the issue?

Thanks!
mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark, 

After yesterday's update, I can confirm the problem has not been fixed. I wonder if Adobe thinks it's too trivial to be looked at.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experiencing the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have identified an issue and fixed it. It will be available with new release.

Thanks a lot for your patience and collaboration on investigating!

Thank you,
Mariia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mariia, 

Thanks for following up on this. I just updated photoshop a minute ago, as far as I can tell the problem persists. So I guess it will be fixed with future updates? 

Will 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes, that is included in future updates. We are currently working on Helpx page with the workaround, let me post the steps here to unblock you:

1. Navigate to:
Mac: Applications/Utilities/Adobe Application Manager/IPC
Win: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\IPC

2. Check if this file AdobeIPCBroker exists there.

Screen Shot 2020-10-08 at 9.38.58 AM.png

If it is there, copy it by right click menu option "Copy "AdobeIPCBroker" (NOTE: Never delete or move the file!).

3. Mac: Open Finder, hold Option+Shift and click Go menu on the top bar, select Library. Now go to:

Application Support/Adobe/Adobe Desktop Common/IPCBox 
    Win: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Desktop Common\IPCBox 
Create folders if those are missing.

4. Paste the copied file into the location mentioned above by right click menu option "Paste" or cmd+v.
5. Relaunch your application - the issue should be gone. 

Note: If you do have AdobeIPCBroker in the location mentioned in the step 5, but it is missing from the location mentioned in step 1, just do the same steps of copying the file from one location to another. 

Please, let me know if you have questions and if this helps!

Thank you,
Mariia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mariia, 

Thanks for the quick response and detailed steps. It didn't work for me, the same problem still exists. 

For me, the AdobeIPCBroker didn't exist in step 1 and I simply didn't have a folder named 'Adobe Desktop Common' in the 'Library' folder accessed by 'Option+Shift' from the 'Go' menu. However,  I did find 'Adobe Desktop Common' under 'Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe

I was aware the two 'Library' folders are different but I gave it a try anyway, What I did:

1. created the 'IPC' folder under Adobe Application Manager/IPC

2. copied the AdobeIPCBroker found in Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe Desktop Common/IPCBox to the Adobe Application Manager/IPC/IPC folder exactly like the way shown in your picture. 

But ya, it didn't work. Tried restarting the computer, couldn't get it to work. 

Thanks,

Will 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the steps, so the location you've placed is incorrect - that's ok. Do this:
Navigate to:

Do you see AdobeIPCBroker there? If yes, copy it and paste to:
Applications/Utilities/Adobe Application Manager/IPC

Restart the app - that should work.

Let us know if that helped.

Thank you,
Mariia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mariia, 

That's exactly what I did, sorry if I didn't make it clear in the previous post. 

Will 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Will,

Sorry to hear that you are still not able to get the problem resolved. Is it possible to have a quick meeting over Bluejeans so as to have a look at the state of your machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@SLWtRB Sending you private message to setup a call. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mariia, 

Thanks for going above and beyond on this matter. I INDEED created an extra folder that's not required under Adobe Application Manager, not sure why I did that. The picture you posted was completely right. My apologies! A very novice mistake on my part! 

Anyway, it looks like we live in very different time zones, I got up and saw your messages and just tested it. 

IT WORKED!! The error message is gone! 

See the proof here (screen record on OneDrive):

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AgyGidOx9paYgP45GpI7iDpdDLTA-Q?e=b4XdKX

Thank you so much! I don't believe I have seen such good customer support in years. 

Regards,

Will

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Will!

Glad we were able to help you!
Thanks a lot for your patience and collaboration 🙂 

CCLibraries Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amandeep, 

I just saw your message. Turned out it was a careless mistake on my end. 

I followed Mariia's instructions more carefully and the problem was resolved! Thanks for the support!

Will 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mariia, I didn't see folder Adobe Desktop Common on the path

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines