Highlighted

Due to a problem initiating CC Libraries...

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I'm new to Photoshop,  and I kept getting this message after initiating photoshop 2020 on my Mac (Please refer to the screenshot). I tried every solution I can find online including terminating the process, deleting cache folder, verify the hosts, configuring the proxy, reinstalling the software, and I tried Adobe CreativeCloud Cleaner tool...nothing worked..installed photoshop fresh and this message just pops right up after I started the software...I don't know anywhere else where I might get help...please could someone offer a solution! Thanks heaps!

Topics

Bug, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Due to a problem initiating CC Libraries...

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I'm new to Photoshop,  and I kept getting this message after initiating photoshop 2020 on my Mac (Please refer to the screenshot). I tried every solution I can find online including terminating the process, deleting cache folder, verify the hosts, configuring the proxy, reinstalling the software, and I tried Adobe CreativeCloud Cleaner tool...nothing worked..installed photoshop fresh and this message just pops right up after I started the software...I don't know anywhere else where I might get help...please could someone offer a solution! Thanks heaps!

Topics

Bug, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

I'm not sure I can fix your issue. But you can close Photoshop and first make sure that are signed into the cloud.

Then you can try closing Photoshop and then holding down Command+Option+Shift (Control+Alt+Shift for pc) when you double-click photoshop to start. Then say Yes to deleting the preferences to see if that helps.

or try this Old 2015 message about the same issue to see if that can help.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/photoshop-cc-libraries-fail-to-initialize

hope it works for you soon! I love Libraries!!

cheers,

mark

headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting
Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark, thank you for trying to help me. Unfortunately, your method didn't work, I'm reading through all posts and replies from the link you provided hoping there's a solution in there that I haven't tried...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry if this did not work. I was suggested to delete your preferences and the link I shared was the fix to the same issues someone had years ago.

If not perhaps you could try calling Adobe Tech Support and then can login to your machine and try to help.

thanks,

mark

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted about the same exact issue when I opened Photoshop several weeks ago and was so happy when I found this thread. Just wanted to say that I did what you suggested, Mark; I restarted Photoshop holding Command + Option + Shift (on a Mac) to reset my preferences. So far, the error message is gone! It's well worth the try. Thanks, Mark. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thats great! I am glad you found this thread and happy I was able to help!

happy Photoshopping!

cheers,
mark

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spoke too soon. The problem returned within a few hours. Eeek! Any other
possible fixes??

--

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

aww man. I was just reading a bunch of old threads, from 5 years ago, 3 years ago. Many say to quit a certain file in activity monitor. But I assume restarting your computer would do that anyway.

Another mentioned that they were signed in with the wrong adobe adress somehow? They resigned in and that fixed it. 

Only other suggestion is try updating your Photoshop if that helps, try restarting computers, signing out and back again, and if nothing else I woud call Adobe support so they can screen share and try to figure out the issue.

Sorry to hear you are having issues.... its such a great feature when its working!

Good luck,

mark

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We would like to investigate this problem and if you could share logs from your machine, this would be very helpful. Here is a link to Adobe Log Collector Tool:
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html
You'll get a zip file generated, could you please send the name of it? It will be something like "AdobeLogs_20191011_081024_xxx-win.zip"
This might help us to understand the root cause of the problem.

Thank you,

Supriya
CCLibraries

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Supriya,

I appreciate the fact you reached out to help me. Here is the name of the log:

AdobeLogs_20200624_213752_029-mac.zip

Update on the situation:

I noticed that this message only pops up if I have clicked on the 'Libraries' tab or have opened it in previous sessions, and it only shows up once and won't reproduce until I have terminated and restarted photoshop.

Like I explained before, the problem happens to freshly installed photoshop (after I have cleaned all adobe software from my mac), so it does look like it's a problem with the software. I believe someone sent out a post regarding the exact same issue just before me, and he/she got no solution either.

Please look into it,

Many thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Supriya

HI, what is the status on this? I see this same issue from 5 years ago.... is there any fix or way to solve the issue?

Thanks!
mark

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark, 

After yesterday's update, I can confirm the problem has not been fixed. I wonder if Adobe thinks it's too trivial to be looked at.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experiencing the same problem

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines