• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Due to a problem initiating CC Libraries...

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I'm new to Photoshop,  and I kept getting this message after initiating photoshop 2020 on my Mac (Please refer to the screenshot). I tried every solution I can find online including terminating the process, deleting cache folder, verify the hosts, configuring the proxy, reinstalling the software, and I tried Adobe CreativeCloud Cleaner tool...nothing worked..installed photoshop fresh and this message just pops right up after I started the software...I don't know anywhere else where I might get help...please could someone offer a solution! Thanks heaps!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Hi,

Yes, that is included in future updates. We are currently working on Helpx page with the workaround, let me post the steps here to unblock you:

1. Navigate to:
Mac: Applications/Utilities/Adobe Application Manager/IPC
Win: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\IPC

2. Check if this file AdobeIPCBroker exists there.

Screen Shot 2020-10-08 at 9.38.58 AM.png

If it is there, copy it by right click menu option "Copy "AdobeIPCBroker" (NOTE: Never delete or move the file!).

3. Mac: Open Finder, hold Option+Shift and click Go m

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Thank you for sharing the steps, so the location you've placed is incorrect - that's ok. Do this:
Navigate to:
Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe Desktop Common/IPCBox

Do you see AdobeIPCBroker there? If yes, copy it and paste to:
Applications/Utilities/Adobe Application Manager/IPC

Restart the app - that should work.

Let us know if that helped.

Thank you,
Mariia

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So if we have this same problem and are not a computer whiz!! (I was lost on the second line ) how long do we

wait until Adobe fixes this problem??
Thanks

Monty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey I only have pim.db in the Adobe Application Manager

What do I do if I dont have AdobeIPCBroker or the folder

Thanks, 

Tristan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same problem, I have the pim.db file only. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please follow the steps from this helpx page? 

Thanks,

CC Libraries Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have the same problem on a Mac with Catalina and your fix Maria sadly does NOT work.

I have checked (and copied just to be sure), the IPCBroker from Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe Desktop Common/IPCBox into Applications/Utilities/Adobe Application Manager/IPC. Please note: IPCBroker was already there.

I have than restarted the app but the error message was still there:-(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. 

Sadly - I, too, have followed Maria's instructions - but the same issue still continues. 

IPCBroker existed in the Applications/Utilities/Adobe Application Manager/IPC. Copied it across - but when I got to locating the Application Support/Adobe/Adobe Desktop Common/IPCBox folders, the Adobe Desktop Common folder didn't exist. I created it, and the subfolder IPCBox and copied IPCBroker in there, but it didn't work. 

This has only become an issue since I upgraded my MAC to V11.1 of Big Sur at the start of the year.

Desperate for a fix - as I have client design work to do.

Katy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this fix and copied the file, when I opened IPC to paste it, it was already there so I replaced it with the copied file then reopened Photoshop. No messages so far so working so far thanks. I was only getting the message sometimes and it didn't seem to stop anything working but I will keep an eye on it. I'm on a 27inch Imac late 2013 running Catalina by the way.

Cheers Norman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines