Dumb question but can't find answer anywhere. Adding a circle or square

Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a novice question. I mean the basics.  I want to simply add a large circle or square to an image.  How do I do that?  I've use marquee tool, I've used stroke, nothing's happening for me.  Seems this should be the simplest of things to add a shape to an image.  Please advise and keep it simple please. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Dumb question but can't find answer anywhere. Adding a circle or square

Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a novice question. I mean the basics.  I want to simply add a large circle or square to an image.  How do I do that?  I've use marquee tool, I've used stroke, nothing's happening for me.  Seems this should be the simplest of things to add a shape to an image.  Please advise and keep it simple please. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 11, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the rectangle or elipse tool to draw such a shape on top of an image.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 11, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Derek.  How do I find the rectangle or elipse tool. It's not on my column on the left.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 11, 2020 0