• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dumb question> can you remove "layer 0"

Participant ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made an image using 12 layers and effects. I then found out that I cannot use a certain image in one of the layers. However, I cannot find this layer  in the layers panel (so I can't get rid of the image on it). This is probably because I copied the entire lot of layers over, so as to not lose the original image.  I hope this isn't too confusing. Basically, I cannot remove this layer as I cannot see it in the layers panel. Any ideas? Will I have to create from scratch again?  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'found out that I cannot use a certain image in one of the layers. However, I cannot find this layer  in the layers panel '

This is, at least to me, a bit confusing. Can you post screenshot as already requested?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One can select a Layer on the Canvas by alt-ctrl-clicking its unobstructed pixels on the canvas (if it is unobstructed, that is), but I am not sure if that is what you are after. 

If you actually know the name of the Layer just select it in the Layers Panel and click the wastebin-icon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps a layer panel filter has made the layer  invisible?

If you can't see it, how do you know it's there? 

The following script will count the layers, regardless if some are hidden by a filter in the layer panel.

var howMany = app.activeDocument.layers.length;
alert(howMany);

What number does it come up with?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you everyone. I really apologise for that bad description of what had happened. Yikes, it sounds insane.  I won't start all over trying to explain, but let's say I resolved it by grouping all the layers I wanted to move, and then I had one left, with the image I wanted to remove hidden on it, even though the eyeball was there. Go figure. 

@Stephen_A_Marsh.  "If you can't see it, how do you know it's there?"  Yes, well, we won't get into that... 🙂  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, glad you worked it out.

I should have previously mentioned that the move tool has an option in the toolbar to show transform controls, which can be helpful to show content bounds on each selected layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah yes, I use transform many times for each image. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you using Smart Objects to avoid unnecessary image degredation? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines