Highlighted

Duplicating Layers Into Other Documents Does Not Carry Over Layer Name

Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noticed in Photoshop 2021 that when you Duplicate a layer from one document into another, if you change the name of the layer, that change does not carry over once the layer is in the other document.

I have found one workaround, which is to switch to another application then switching back to Photoshop before clicking on the OK button. The layer name changes back to the original name, but now, if you change it, the change holds when the layer appears in the other document. 

Is this a new feature or a bug? Other than my workaround, is there something I need to change in the Preferences?

TOPICS
Bug, Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Duplicating Layers Into Other Documents Does Not Carry Over Layer Name

Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noticed in Photoshop 2021 that when you Duplicate a layer from one document into another, if you change the name of the layer, that change does not carry over once the layer is in the other document.

I have found one workaround, which is to switch to another application then switching back to Photoshop before clicking on the OK button. The layer name changes back to the original name, but now, if you change it, the change holds when the layer appears in the other document. 

Is this a new feature or a bug? Other than my workaround, is there something I need to change in the Preferences?

TOPICS
Bug, Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 11, 2020 0

Have something to add?